Side effects

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was on 5 mg for 5 weeks then increased to 10. I have been on 10 for 12 weeks. I still have anxious days, still feel exhausted on some days and sometimes feel spacey. Is this normal, should i have leveled out by now? My doctor wants to switch me to something else but i don't want to go through withdrawals or the start effects of another med. please give me some advice.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michele.the reason you feel that they are not working is because you keep changing the dosage and every time you change dosage you will get side effects ,so just keep on 1 dosage for 10/12 weeks and also remember that the dosage you are on as 10 mgs it is a small dosage and my suggestion is to go onto 20 mgs for 12/14 weeks and i am sure that this will help you.

• Posted

i wouldnt go up or change! i reduced nearly 10 months ago and im still not stable, these are powerful drugs and 10mg can work for anxiety! trust me dont mess with dosage, so many on here end up on a higher dose than is needed xx

• Posted

thank you for the reassurance, but i have a question. since you have been on them for 10 months and havent recovered yet, why haven't u tried something else. Do you have more good days than bad?

• Posted

i recover on 10milligrams.so stay the course.

• Posted

I'm still tapering to 10mg from 20. First went yo 15, now at 12.5. Will go to 10 in vouple more weeks. I'm feeling much better even with the reductions. Hopefully recover at 10.

• Posted

did it take you a very long time to recover? I do have some good days.

• Posted

8full months.but after trying 5different antid.i had to preservere .had no choice but so happy i stay on celexa .first started with 20milligrams my nervous system couldnt take the side effects went straight to ten from being on 20 for ten days and what a releif that was.

• Posted

wow, did you stay on the others for long? i couldn't imagine going through the side effects that many times.

• Posted

i went thru four months of what seem like hell before celexa.and thru celexa was not easy.

• Posted

hi michelle, same advice really, bit you do need to give this medication a chance. i had every side effect going when i first started these. but they do settle and you should stabilise soon. good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.