Side effects after 10 weeks, need some advice

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been on Fluoxetine for a little over 10 weeks( 4 weeks on 10mg and about 6 weeks on 20mg) I had awful side effects when starting and increasing my dose, mainly increased anxiety and depression. The side effects were slowly fading and I was having days where I felt normal and like my old self again. But about a week or so ago I started feeling awful again, like I was back at the beginning. I had some okay days in between but mostly for the last week and a half I've felt worse than before fluoxetine.

It could be just timing because I've had a lot going on in my life recently. I just moved and I miss my friends, I'm starting college in 2 weeks, and my mom's going through a hard time with some health related issues and it's been tough. It could be just the stress of all that catching up to me, but right now it feels like the fluoxetine isn't working. Is it normal for the side effects to last this long? Should I stick with it and see if the good days come back?

Also I took some tramadol for period pains around the time that this started and I made the mistake of looking up interactions between them and it turns out you're not supposed to take pain killers with anti-depressants. Even though I was fine the next day and I know it's completely irrational to think that taking it a couple times would make a difference I can't stop worrying that it somehow effected the fluoxetine. I'm sure it's just my own worry that's making me think that and making me feel worse but I just can't stop the negative thinking and what-ifs.

Sorry this was so long I just needed to rant and get this off my chest. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I was wondering how everyone is doing. I was feeling pretty good for a while, almost normal. I still had anxiety in the mornings and some in the evenings but on the whole I felt way better. But today I feel anxious and down again. I'm sure it's because I just started college and I'm alone in a new place. I'm sure its just a blip and it'll pass but at the moment it doesn't feel like it will.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.