Side effects are killing me! Need advice..

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm not sure if there is a way to control the side effects I'm experiencing from my medications, but if anyone has advice, I'd love to hear it! I should mention: I'm 17 years old, I've been hospitalised 4 times this year because of asthma, twice in the ICU on bi-pap. So I don't have the opportunity of asking my doctor to go off any of the medications, I'm just wondering if anyone has techniques they've leant to control/deal with side effects.

So I'm not sure which of my side effects correlate to which medication I'm on, but I'll list both the effects I'm experiencing and the meds I'm on.

>Side effects:

•severe hand trembling

•sleeplessness (at night only)

itching all over back, jaw and limbs

•lost/hoarse voice

•sudden muscle cramping (especially in hands and feet)

•eye sensitivity to light

•heavy fatigue (I refuse to drive because I will randomly fall asleep throughout the day for varying lengths of time)

•prednisolone has made my blood-glucose go crazyy (I'm not diabetic but I cannot seem to lower my blood-sugar levels anymore.. Not quite sure what to do about this)

>The medications I'm on daily is:

~spiriva

~symbicort 200/6 (2 puffs twice a day)

~10mg of prednisolone daily

~ventolin (my tremors are not from the ventolin as I usually use the symbicort in place of ventolin as well)

~montelukast 10mg

~Zyertec

~Esomeprazole 40mg

~Lexapro 20mg

Thanks in advance for any advice, I'm being driven up an emotional wall with some of these side effects, as insignificant as they may seem in comparison to what others experience on the same medication.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Whow gabby ,

You seem to be going through the mill at the moment that's a lot of side effects .

You really must take the time to go and see your doctor and tell him exactly what is happening you might want to write a list for him or her and ask for help that's the best advise I can offer hope you're soon better regards

• Posted

Thank you for your advice, I've spoken to one doctor and their advice was simply 'you'll just have to deal with it'. But I probably will try to see another doctor about it. Again, thank you for responding to my post!

• Posted

wow you are on a lot of meds, but I know Lexapro could be the problem with your sleep problems. Also prednisone is known to mess with your hunger. You should discuss your concerns with your doctor that is why you pay them. Ventolin does make me shake. Tell them your side effects and see if they can adjust your meds for you. Good Luck wink

window.post_1498167388184_7 = function(win,msg){

win.postMessage(msg,"*"wink;

}

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.