Side effects every other day??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I was on fluoxetine for 4 years for panic attacks. I went off of it for 2 years and went back on 6 weeks ago. side effects have been getting more tolerable but there seems to be a pattern. One day i feel great and the next day side effects like anxiety, dry mouth, heat sensations throughout my body and slight nausea hit me on and off all day. Then the next day I'm better. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have been much the same, I started getting days when I felt ok and then bang I was getting the low mood and no interest, I had many days like that, I couldnt sleep or eat for almost six weeks,and I had those awful hot feelings throughout my body it was horrid, but then I started to sleep at night and my appetite returned, I have been on fluoxetine for eight weeks today, and I was feeling slightly better in the evenings then it got afternoon and evening, and the last two mornings I have woke up feeling more happy and started taking a interest in things a bit more, before I had low mood and no interest in anything, so I think I am improving, sadly we have to put up with all those horrible side effects.

• Posted

good to hear! I wake up shivering and jittery some days. I like to have a glass of wine at night to help relax me- I wonder if that can effect the meds?

• Posted

I would suggest not to drink while taking the meds it recommends not to drink, as this could have an effect on the drugs.

I use to sweat and feel very hot, also have a dry mouth, I use to drink lots of water, infact I still drink a lot of water, but I boil it first otherwise its freezing cold this time of the year.

I had the shakes really bad my legs and hands I could'nt control them, but it is getting better slowly.

This illness is not nice at all, do you have the low mood, as that was awful no interest in anything. or do you just have anxiety, I was worried I had something wrong with me health wise, I still worry about it a bit, but try to say to myself I am ok.

This medication is different for everyone, six weeks to full recovery is a false statement, I have not heard of many people feeling back to normal after six weeks as the instructions in the box say.

I think every one is different no two people the same, most people seem to have the bad side effects.

Keep in touch it really helps to talk on this forum.

• Posted

Thank you so much for this. I started it for anxiety, but definitely had my spouts of no motivation- its definitely helped that!

i am a music teacher so this is a crazy time of year for me. Stress dies not help.

Thank you for your words of encouragement.

• Posted

ya its very hard to predict . i have moments in the day that it changes drastically . i will say im starting to feel better more the crappy . 55- 45 now

• Posted

Oh dont stop taking it after all this time, you will soon get some gradual improvement, but I had some pretty good days, and then I would feel horrible so dont give up, because soon you will get more good days than bad.

• Posted

she is right . there is going to be a period of struggle but it will get better . it takes time . we are all in this together

• Posted

Hello,

Im so sorry you are going through this. i found that Fluxotine contributed to my anxiety/panic attacks. I found Lexapro to be more helpful.

I know all people are different so just wanted to give you my input.

• Posted

Hello Stephanie,

I'm on fluoxetine too but strangely enough I was getting one good day and then one bad day when I adjusted my HRT last year until I was level. The pattern sounds v familiar - it was exhausting because on my 'good' days I would sometimes feel borderline manically happy, then I would crash the next day. It seems female hormones are closely linked to mental health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.