Side Effects exhausting me

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've battled Health Anxiety since being 18, I'm 36 now so half my life, I found some success on Citalopram and got myself in the best shape I've ever been in. I had a bout of sickness about 1 month ago that lead to my first anxiety attacks in years, since that anxiety has gone out of control, which means my physical symptoms has reappeared, stomach burning, acid reflux, and constant fear that these things mean I'm ill. My doctor is sure there is nothing wrong with me, I was on a lot of NSAID's for back and rib pain prior to my reflux and started Lexapro Escitalopram which both can have severe side effects.

I have some tests booked in, endocsopy and ultrasound to be safe and not sorry (doctor doesnt think we will find anything ) but right thing for me and my health/mental health.

Side Effects I am having with Escitalipram 20mg.

• Extremely Tired All Day with little to no energy
  • Nausea
  • Lack of Appetite
  • Cold Symptoms like a runny nose and sore throat

I can deal with the side effects but its not yet getting those health anxiety thoughts out of my head. So worst of both worlds right now.

Did anyone else suffer from such side effects from Escitalopram?

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Everyones side effects can be different but from what i had read of others and what i had side effect wise happen to me was i was tired I'm 8 weeks in on 10mg starting at 5 for 9 days the 7.5 for 9 days and then 10. I noticed the tiredness letting up and felt good but it takes time for your body to adjust to the medication so it does go up and down. i have noticed a good change and am looking forward to seeing more. Im also going to talk to my dr about maybe upping the dose to 15mg.

• Posted

yeah my issues are slowly resolving ..still have very little energy but then i am waiting on some medical tests which are causing me huge anxiety anyway....so that might explain that. also...appetite slowly returning ...stomach getting very noisy now so naybe these meds are helping finally

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.