Side effects from Botox

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had any these side effects after botox injections for migraines?

heart palpitations

fast heart rate

spike in blood pressure

brain fog

blurry vision

dizziness

stomach pains

loss of appetite

I've had these for two weeks since the injections and just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I just feel awful.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I have had the brain fog, blurry vision and dizziness since having botox for migraines on 25 September this year. The pain around my left eye that I get has also worsened. I am hoping this gets better, but I have been doing some reading and have seen women who have said that it has worsened or exaggerated their migraine symptoms permanently. I hope they wear off for us both as this is horrible and is affecting me 24/7.

• Posted

I pray they wear off soon too! Its terrible. So you've had that going on for 2 months, that has to be really hard. What did your doctor say about your symptoms? What does your brain fog feel like? I have read that taking copper supplement can help soak up the toxins from botox and help clear up your system. I'm going to try it.

• Posted

I have had these worsening symptoms for 2 months, so really hope they settle down. I will be interested to see if any others reply to you on here with similar too. I am on a migraine group on FaceBook and I asked if others had had adverse effects from the botox and there were quite a few others who had too. I am not sure about ridding the toxins and haven't heard about the copper supplements, but I know that is classified as a heavy metal, so not really sure, I need to look at a detox I think to help support my liver in the process.

• Posted

What is the name of the facebook migraine group you are a part of?

• Posted

The FB site is Chronic Migraine Awareness Australia & New Zealand - Support Group. Still feeling crappy, headaches, sore eyes, blurry vision, forgetfulness and lightheartedness all continuing. How are you feeling?

• Posted

*lightheadedness!!

• Posted

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I am feeling the same. Does your injector admit its related to the botox?

• Posted

I had a similar experience when I had botox for bruxism. I have ground my teeth since my whole life and it gives me headaches, neck and shoulder pain. So the first time I had it it helped relieve my pain but for only 2 weeks. So I went back and asked for more than before to be put in. I also had some for my crows feet and frown lines. After my jaw was injected I felt really dizzy and faint. I couldn't even sit up. I was really ill for about 2-3 weeks after. I had nausea, chest pain, a fuzzy head, irregular heart beat, uncontrollable eye twitching, I felt really hot and headachy and I had flu like symptoms. I had botox for bruxism with a different doctor after this and didn't have the same problems. I wonder if it is down to the quality of the botox or the experience of the doctor. I don't get botox any more because I have had really poor health this year and I don't want to risk feeling bad again. Also botox for bruxism is now thought to eat away at your jaw bone and teeth. It hasn't been around very long for certain procedures and the side effects are still being discovered. I think sometimes our bodies warn us not to something again.

• Posted

I've had these symptoms for over 3 weeks now and hoping they will subside soon. I won't do botox again. Hope you get to feeling better with your other health issues.

• Posted

Are you feeling any better at all? I was terribly ill for the first week of the botox and started feeling a bit better, but still rough, the second and the third I really improved. If you are feeling just as bad as the beginning still, I really would recommend seeing a doctor to get a full set of bloods, an ECG and a basic checkout. In fact even if you are feeling just a little bit better, I would still get checked. I do wonder if the botox I had contributed to my health condition multiple pulmonary emboli. They still must be discovering side effects as it hasn't been around that long.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.