side effects from Buccastem is anyone else having these symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi bit of background only just found this site and need help back in July 2015 I was in bed got up and went into a full blown spin for over 8 hours I was given Buccastem to help the spin and eventually over 12 hours was pretty much back to normal went to get a checkup the following day and everything was ok didn't have any other symptoms till christmas day 2017 went for a walk and felt awfull as if I was going to pass out plus my vision was blurred.Thought I ned new glasses so went to opticians no everything was ok.Then started noticing that the weird feeling I had on christmas day was coming more often till I had a spin which lasted 3 hours took Buccastem few hours later spin gone feeling still there.Now we are in June and I am unable to get in a car or public transport as I just go into a spin everytime so everytime I leave the house which trust me is not often i have to take a Buccastem otherwise I can't do it I feel dreadfull and spinny.Went to the dr's they have ruled evrything out had an MRI all ok checked my vision ok.Went to ENT they think it could be menieres gor serc tablets took them 1 3 times a day for 3 weeks they made me worse throbbing headache felt sick so stopped them now I only take Buccastem before leaving the house mostly to go to appointments but problem now is my lips are sore swollen and chapped went to the drs they said it could be iron def.but bloods came back normal.The last time I left the house was friday took a Buccastem an hour before we went then on friday around 7pm lips started to hurt and are still hurting today.I also notice that I get rib pain.Was getting a lot of pressure and headache but that seems to be minimal at the moment.Please help as I have important meetings coming up and wont be able to attend without the Buccastem .Plus has anyone tried any homeopathic products to see if they help just thinking less side effects.Thanks for reading sorry it's long it's my first post

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello try and see if your doc will give you a refferal to a neurologist. They do different blood work to determine auto immune disease. I'm going through this process right now. I had been taking SERC but I didn't have dizzyNess just swaying feeling. And my eyes still bother me. Was told it was from a viral cold ihad in march. Regular Medial docs don't know much about these things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.