Side Effects from Omega 3 supplements?

Posted , 4 users are following.

About 3 weeks ago I started to take one capsule of Seven Seas Simply Timeless Cod Liver Oil Capsule. Two weeks ago I also started to take a Vitamin D Supplement once a day. About a week ago I started having the following symptoms, Diarrhea, nausea, fatigue, headache, loss of appetite but I think this is caused by the nausea, increased anxiety

?Two days ago I stopped taking the supplements as I could think of no other reason as to what was causing this reaction other than introducing the vitamin supplements. 

?Has anyone suffered with similar? How long will it take for these side effects to ware off?

?Thanks in advance. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Should be very fast...24 hours if it is the supplements.

It kind of just sounds like a stomach bug.

I would look at the ingredients and Google the coating on the capsule/pill...and make sure there's no artificial sweeteners. Most D helps calcium absorb. Haven't heard if the oil caus I ng problems except in extreme excess.

Honestly, if you still feel bad, I'd go get a blood test to see you vitamin levels. I am deficient, so I get a huge panal done 1-2 times a year. It's worth it to track ups and downs.

Why did you feel you needed the supplements? Maybe it's all related...also could be stress. Sounds like when I first had stress...I didn't believe I had it, but after treatment, it was very true. Hope you feel better.

• Posted

I too think it sounds more like the stomach bug I had a couple of weeks ago.
  • Posted

I tried fish oils in the past and they always gave me a headache and upset stomach. Eating salmon also gives me a headache so I suspect I may have an allergy to fish. Do you feel OK if you eat fish? I now take flaxseed for Omega 3 and am fine with that. You can also get vitamin D from eggs and mushrooms as well as sunlight if you're lucky enough to get any!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.