Side effects from prednisone. Please help! Feeling anxious and depressed

Posted , 3 users are following.

first of all im so happy i found this forum to post!! i feel so alone and i have nobody to talk to about how im feeling and if its normal to feel this way. so i had a tooth extracted and was given prednisone to help with inflamation. i was given 4 tablets to take in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. its been a week and a half now that i have been off of prednisone and about 3 days ago i started having the worst anxiety attacks and felt so depressed and sad. ive constsantly been feeling the need to take deeper breaths which gives me more anxiety because i dont feel im breathing fully and i have been a mess. my anxiety as of today has calmed down but my breathing is the same. ive been going on walks twice a day to try to over come that feeling of i have shortness of breath but it doesnt feel like its working. is this normal to feel a week and a half later after taking prednisone?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

update on how im feeling. my breathing is slowly going back to normal. i still have moments that a wave of heavy depression hits me but i can deal with that. i have been drinking teas. hibiscus tea, calming teas and at night i will have sleepytime tea and it has helped me tremendously. if you are going through side effects of prednisone i highly suggest you drink tea. teas have helped me alot. they dont help fully but they do a damn good job at making me feel calm and not be so uncomfortable with going through the side effects of this medication.

• Posted

Hi I was on preds for ten months after tapering slowly off them iv been feeling awful with aches and pain feeling weak and shaky getting to hot I hate these tablets will never take them again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.