Side Effects Help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I'm new.  I was diagnosed about a month ago with "Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia".  I have been on Concor AM 5mgs for about 2 months now.  I have experienced a tiredness thorughout the day that is very persisitent and will not let up throughout the day.  Does this symptom go away?

Also, I am experiencing body aches all day long as if I have a sever flu. Has anyone experienced this?  Will it go away or will I have to live with it for as long as the medication?  It's very debilitating in the fact that I don't want to move often and my body just aches badly all day.  My heart feels great, I'm not panting all the time and out of breath, but the side effect is just aweful.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

In my experience, the dizziness and tiredness eventually went away. I didn't get back to 100% with the tiredness, but a good enough 95% to go about my daily business... just got tired quicker than usual! The only side effect I had that didn't eventually let up was shortness of breath, but I had been considering getting checked for mild asthma even before I went on the drugs, so that might have contributed. Also get various aches, largely in my lower arms and legs... I'm not sure if those have got better or I've just got used to them!

It does get easier, but unfortunately the easier is still not ideal! If I were you I'd be talking to my cardiologist if the side effects are that bad, they might be able to reduce your dose or try you on a different beta blocker

• Posted

Hi & welcome! I've been on 2.5mg/day Bisoprolol since April 2015 following a heart attack! At 72 years old I haven't experienced any of the symptoms you descibe and without wanting to sound harsh your side effects don't seem debilitating! Try Tinnitus 24/7! keeping you awake & waking you up when you do fall asleep! I hear a constant whine & I,m not referring to the wife! I suspect one of the drugs I'm taking is the culprit but I can't isolate any since my life depends on them! May I suggest you discuss your concerns with your GP! That's what he gets paid for! I'm sure in time you will come to terms with your anxiety over Bisoprolol!
    • Posted

Do you take rampril? I had tinnitus almost every night when I put my head on the pillow. It's the worst nightmare. I was on 10 mgs of rampril and bisoprolol. The biso was changed to atenlol and the rampril cut to 2.5 mgs. Since then,I've had no tinnitus. I don't know if the meds were the cause,but I know what hell it is to suffer! 
    • Posted

Thanks Elizabeth! I'm on 2.5mg/day of Bisoprolol & 7.5mg/day of Ramipril! You may have hit the nail on the head! The Tinnitus seems to be started when in an enclosed space like my car! I've been listening to soothing music & drinking beer, which I shouldn't, about 1/2 hour before going to bed! That gives me 1/2 hour to get to sleep! If I sleep through the night I wake clear of the damn noise! But within an hour I am fit to leap of a cliff! I didn't know what Tinitus was until about six months ago! I visited the local ENT dept a the hospital where they first prescribed Flixonase for an "Allergy?" & then Betnesol for eczema in my right ear & was told I also have Rhinophyma on my nose with a bent over Septum for good measure! Up to the HA in April 2015 I was an active pensioner who enjoyed "strolling" for exercise & rode a 750 cc Motorcycle for fun!

I also workeD full time as a Design Engineer! Now I'm riddled with Arthritis & Gout & hear whining noises that drive me to distraction!

At 72 I have deafness but not that bad! Can watch TV & listen to music without earing aids! I will speak with my GP on Monday or better still contatact the so far useless Cardiac Rehab group who expected me to join their little gatherings for Hokey Cokey sessions!

• Posted

Thank you for your responses, perhaps debilitating is not the right word. At any rate, I am 34 with a heart condition with 3 kids the youngest of which has special needs, and the side effects are preventing me from giving him the care I need because I can not be alert or lift him as much as I need to. I will be calling my doctor soon, but it's helpful to know if others like me are experiencing similar effects and how they handle it so we can learn from each other. 
    • Posted

Hi Mel! Sorry if I was a little abrupt earlier but I would love to feel like going to sleep! But having done so I face Tinnitus when I awake! The medication I take for HA is Bisoprolol, Nicorandil, Tecagoril, Ramipril & Asprin! Non of which cause me any problems that I new of but Elizabeths revelation has given me "food for thought!" Reading your reply I can understand your concerns, especially regarding the kids!

But your alive! Bisoprolol may keep you that way! Please do speak with your Doctor or even the consultant at the Hospital! They should help! Remember that medication affects people in different ways & not everyone will experience the same side effects!

• Posted

Hi. I am a male, the same age as you.

I have sinus tachycardia also, it seems.

I have been taking 1,25 Mg of Concor for 1 year, but I could barely walk, breathe or do anything while on it. Plus low energy, flu like symptoms, tachycardia on some days on any movement, bending down, going to bathroom...

I stopped taking it, and I seemed to be fine (side effects were gone and I felt normal again), but after 60 days, I had 2 huge sinus tachycardia episodes and ended in ER.

I will have to take medicines again.

I will try Metoprolol or some other medicine this time.

Maybe it will have less side effects.

• Posted

I take mine at night as advised by my cardiologist 10 pm i feel tired at about 3pm to 5pm then seem to pep up again. Nothing but positive so far for me here. Good energy other then tht 2 hour spell n it has taken away my craving to eat inbetween meals or for that matter to really eat at all which i hope lasts as i need to lose weight. Been a week for me at 2.50 mg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.