side effects I have em all

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Came across this site while researching bisoprolol ( again!!) I have had to go back to my cardiologist because lately I have been feeling so exhausted I can hardly stay awake. I have been on this drug 10mg for 8 yrs and could put up with the cold extremeties, weight gain etc but now I have numbness in left hand ( doc said was nerve problem) runny nose wheeze and lethargy you wouldnt believe. Can this be right after so long on this? Cardiologist said it was too dangerous to stop drug and there is no alternative in my case.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Like you I found this whilst researching Bisoprolol AGAIN too. Ive been on them for about 10 years and have now suddenly developed a rash on my arm, numbness in my hand, breathlessness and palpatations. My G.Ps. reaction is boredom when I complain about side effects and under his breath I suspect he\"s muttering \" would you rather have h.b.p?\" Having problems with my glucose levels too which I can control by diet alone at the moment, that\"s when I actually have any energy to eat!!!!! Is this all about money cos it\"s the n.h.s.? Newer drugs with less side effects must surely be available by now.
  • Posted

why are you NOT reporting this stuff to the drug companies? THey have to record all reported events I believe, not sure how it works, but if its reported by enough people they will HAVE to take note and include in lists. Ive just been put on this and am getting worried now.
  • Posted

I have to say some of the comments on here are scaring me a little! My teenage daughter was prescribed this drug last week and since then has been feeling awful - exhausted, dizzy and she has collapsed twice with very low BP. She is due to go back to see her Consultant next week - is it really true there isn't an alternative? At the moment we're afraid to take our eyes off of her in case she faints again. We have been in contact with her Dr and he said that she absolutely MUST NOT stop taking it before her appointment because of the risks to her from the runs of VT she has been having but how can she have anything like a normal life with side-effects like these?
  • Posted

My cardiologist has suggested to my GP I commence taking these tablets. After reading these accounts my anxiety about taking this drug is now off the charts, having already been heightened due to the fact one of the possible side effects is that it exacerbates psoriasis. I'm due to see my GP shortly and I think I'm going to refuse to go on this drug.

Has anyone else experienced an exacerbation of their psoriasis whilst taking this drug? Does anyone know of alternatives to Bisoprolol?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.