Side Effects miserable

Posted , 3 users are following.

On Lexapro 2.5 mg for a week - & last 3 days to 5mg. So 10 days total- really uncomfortable nausea (but had ibs before med) & hoping it disappears by next week. I will prob go to 10 in baby steps but discouraged on how wiped out i feel. I think it will help but side effects discourage me- No appetite but eating (blessed w a husband who helps) sleep is ok - take it at night- I pray it works- so I can be myself again. Lexapro supposedly helps ibs too.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

How's it going now? I just started on 5mg yesterday and felt a little unsettled in my sleep, bit of pounding in the head but not much else happening so far. Curious if your side effects have gotten better.

• Posted

i started on 5mg last Monday. its now Friday night in Australia. So day 5 . just starting to feel a bit strange tonight and tired. Finding it hard to concentrate on the TV. This is about the third lot of Anti depressants and im 69 now. i was off meds for three years and doing really fine . This covid hasnt helped and some family issues have caused my anxiety to spike. im supposed to be taking 10mg for six weeks but at my age im starting off slowly. i will update my post over the coming weeks but would love some support from anyone if they can spare some time.

i seem to feel a lot more tired this time round and morning anxiety back.Certainly not going up to 10mg just yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.