Side effects of Bisoprolol

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi - I'm new here and wondered if anyone could give me some advice. I've recently started on Bisoprolol Fumarate 2.5mg for high ish blood pressure and anxiety related fast heart rate.

They've worked well for the blood pressure and heart rate but I'm getting really weird sleep issues. When I'm just about to fall asleep my body jerks and wakes me up. Sometimes its in my head (like a brain zap), sometimes it's a whole body sensation and sometimes it's just an arm or leg. I've also been having a lot of aches in my hips and legs.

Are these side effects? Has anyone else experience this? It's not doing my anxiety and favours and I think if I knew it was the beta blockers causing it, I'd be able to relax a bit more.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

in short yes to both. there is a name for the body jerk just as your are falling asleep (can't remember). i have had that on bisoprolol and withdrawal aswell. joint pain is also been my experience. it seems having read some of the posts here there are many possible side effects. one of the main problems with this drug in my experience is the anxiety and doubt that can come with it, even when you are withdrawing too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.