Side effects of changed dosage, .112mcg too 100 mg.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have experienced weight gain, severe cramping in feet, skin problems, severe muscle soreness. What else should I expect?

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How long ago was dosage change? I've been as low as 125 and as high as 200.diagnosed with Hoshimotos at Mayo over 37 years ago.However have more serious issues right now.Yes u may experience weight gain and brittle hair and maybe colder temperature. One time pharmacy actually filled my prescription ten percent of actual prescription. .they read doctors note incorrectly. I started gaining weight and hair was brittle. .took a mon then for me to check the email label.take care
    • Posted

Michele123, OMG! That's so nutty about the prescription. Boy the posts today really say it all. We've all been through it with the autoimmune disease, chronic illness, crazy prescriptions and doctors.
    • Posted

I changed doctor 6months ago. I was with my previous doctor for 25 years...n didn't have this bad of a problem. You take care ad well.
  • Posted

Hi Tl72, Yes, MtnViewCatherine is dead right. It is basically your DOSE. Increase it in tiny steps and if you hit 150 mcg and you still feel horrible give up on Levo and try an NDT (that is a Natural Dessicated Thyroid). But, if you are new to this, read up on everything you can to educate yourself to the whole thyroid world. Study it as if your life depended upon it because your feeling of well being certainly will.
    • Posted

Thank you very much. You all are being so helpful thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.