Side effects of Citalopram after switching from zoloft

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have recently switched from taking Zoloft for the past several years to 10mg Citalopram two weeks ago. I have been having two main side effects- headaches, which are starting to get better, and drowsiness/fatigue that sets in about an hour after taking it. I feel so tired it’s hard to do my regular daily activities. Will this get better or is this particular side effect one that tends to stay no matter how long you’ve been on it? I have tried switching it to taking it at night- but even though I feel very tired I wake up frequently at night and then am exhausted the next day. I switched from Zoloft because I didn’t feel that it was doing a great job anymore, but this tiredness is making me feel worse so I may just switch back. Thank you in advance for your help and feedback smile 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It is one of the side effects but it does get better x i used to sleep a ridiculous amount of time but im fine now x
  • Posted

Maybe you should try a higher dose of celexa like 15 milligrams..to sorta be at least a bit higher in milligrams than the zoolof..
  • Posted

Hey Patty! I was taking  Zoloft (sertraline) too for a bit but it was making me feel really poorly so I’ve just switched to citalopram after a two/three week break of no meds at all. I’m only on day 5 of citalopram but I’m hoping this will be the antidepressant for me! Good luck on your journey x
  • Posted

Hi patty I too used to be on Zoloft changed tu cit it’s alot better and the tiredness does go away after a while hope it works out for u

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.