side effects of digestive enzymes ? advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

I purcahsed digestive enzymes and I'm worried of the side effects 

anyone has any experience with these enzymes good or bad 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

What makes you think there are any side effects with digestive enzymes have you heard something I take them and they do actually help me no side effects three times a day
    • Posted

Hey 

well at a point I was worried it'll cause me Diarrhea cos it digests everything really fast it was just a thought

yesterday i took the first pill but maybe i just ate a small meal so i had this bad reflux i could feel my acid in my mouth (it was yucky)

it's the first time i ever have acidic reflux so i thought it probably kept digesting and when it found nothing the acid got activated

• Posted

So as enzymes should not have that effect I think that was a fluke keep taking them answer you're supposed to and try before a meal and it does not mean you can eat more fat or more of something just because you're taking the enzymes. Stay hydrated all day with water do not drink anything at least a half hour prior to eating it will dilute your gastric juices and cause lack of digestion and don't drink while you're eating and wait a good 20 minutes or more after you eat before you drink and probably stay away from iced drinks if you can I've been told to drink a hot tea in the morning and a hot tea at night after you eat breakfast and after you eat dinner. peppermint seems to bother a lot of IBS people so not that, I do chamomile
  • Posted

You should be OK taking them with no side effects.
    • Posted

as I replied to Firied it's the acid reflux that I didn't like but maybe it's cos i took a small meal only 
    • Posted

What sort of vit D are you taking and how much? I have been taking vit D and calcium for over a year and they are fine.
    • Posted

Sorry I am talking rubbish ignore my last post!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.