Side effects of metronidazole

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started on a course of these antibiotics on Tuesday night (400mg). I cannot believe how nasty the side effects have been having only taken 3 of them.  I got up yesterday to have a shower and get ready for work but the minute I stepped into the shower I went dizzy, felt sick and passed out. I banged my head on the tiles and my spine on the ledge around the base. This jolted me back to consciousness but then I passed out again whilst on the shower floor. When I came to I banged my head again. I have awful pain in my back, heavy legs and ache all over. I stopped taking the pills as I think they are poison. I’ve had to miss work for the 2nd day. Has anybody else felt like this and how long till the drugs leave your system?

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I took many courses of Metronidazole and they made me really ill.  I didn't pass out like you did but they knocked me flat with fatigue and diahorrea.  Terrible drugs to take.  You will recover but it just takes time so be patient and rest when you can and give your body a chance to recover.  There is hope.

• Posted

I’m having bad experiences too panic attacks ..can’t sleep ..not really eating ...so I feel your pain .It says it usually takes two to three days to get out of your system . It should but out of my system now but I still mentally emotionally feel horrible 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.