Side effects of Olanzapine i'v experienced.

Posted , 3 users are following.

How are you doing everyone, i'm new to this just looking for other peoples experience. Well I'm 25 and have been on Olanzapine for 3 years the whole time wishing i was never put on. it. In that time I'v gained 110 pounds in weight, I'v suffered with crippling anxiety for the littlest reasons for example walking up to the shops would near make me have a panic attack. Also can't communicate to other people and have a hard time trying to follow conversations it's like people are speaking a diffrent language. And there is plenty more just to name a few is this all normal on this medication. Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Daniel

You’re in a bad way and I am really sorry to read your post.

Olanzapine is a horror drug but something tells me your problems are far beyond its downside- bad as that is.

Don’t allow yourself to go down further : go for second opinions or counselling- anything but stay where you are.

Life is precious - don’t waste yours. I can’t imagine 25 and taking that  #<it. Mel

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, means alot well I got diagnosed with schizophrenia but I dont know how good the diagnosis is because I was smoking cannibis at the time. So it could have been that only time will tell. Yeh a second opinion would'nt hurt either. Thanks for your kind words.

• Posted

3 years is very long time. by this time your original desease might have cured.Taper the drug very slowly. Tell me how much m. g you are using ,I will tell you the tapering method.Read sirviving antideppressants org forum to meet so many people of olanzapine.Do not worry , you can come out of this drug safely like me. only patience needed.
    • Posted

Yeh tell me about it thanks for your reply the weight gain is the worst part have you heard if the weight completly shifts kinda worryed being this weight forever. And I'm on 2.5mgs really you were on it good to hear you got off it. Did you find it hard to follow what people were saying to you when you were on it. Thanks again.

• Posted

oh you are on very low dose. Yes, once you get off the drug weight will be reduced.I am not surrounded by people, so easy to stay on drug and was easy to get off.You buy pill cutter online and make 2.5 mg tablet into 4 equal parts. First month 3 pieces, second month 2 pieces, third month 1 piece, next month every other day 1 piece and jump to zero. If you feel any discomfort while tapering, follow the 10% reduction of every month. google for olanzapine tapering. you will find the link of how to taper olanzapine 10% every month.best wishes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.