Side effects of Pregabalin and Mirtazapine together

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anybody had multiple side effects with these to drugs together. I have various mood swings,aggression,constant tiredness, feeling not in the moment, nausea.And feeling generally unwell most of the time.Some days it is an effort and motivation to get things done.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i was placed on Lexapro, however since lexapro was not doing much for me they place me on Mirtazapine at the same time. Mirtazapine almost killed me It gave me all types of brain zaps etc., I had to change to a different psychiatrist because my original one kept telling me it was all in my mind. The new psychiatrist slowly took me off the Mirtazapine and placed me on Zoloft. Well the withdrawing symptoms from Mirtazapine  was like gong to hell. I have been off Mirtazapine and now take zoloft and Buspirone. It has been 9 month and I still get some symptoms from the mirtazapine.  
  • Posted

I rake Mirtazapan 45mg daily alongsize Vemlafaxine 300 mg I also take Clonazepam 3mg at night.  My psychiatrist has now put my on therepy, my anxiety is off the scale,  I have given up hope now of ever feeling any different.
  • Posted

Don,t give up, I almost gave up myself and finally I was able to slowly pick up the pieces. I am not there yet but I take one day at a time, some days are good some are bad. Instead of giving up try  to get a second opinion from another psychiatrist that might help. I went to a second psychiatrist and she is very good and is helping me out a lot.
    • Posted

Only one psychiatrist available here, I wish I could go private but too expensive.
  • Posted

yes I take 15mg mert at night and 50mg pregabalin in afternoon. an hour or so after taking pregabalin I feel agitated and suicidal. I'm sure it's the pregabalin that's causing it. I don't think they mix very well to be honest.

• Posted

Hi stephen54944

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.