Side Effects of Prozac & Doctor uncaring......

Posted , 3 users are following.

I suffer from depression. Have since I can remember. Went to Kaiser psych to have my depression meds adjusted.

Was taking 40 mg Prozac. The Dr. started doubled my prozac (60 for 2 weeks then 80) dose and added lithium (150 mg).

I quit the lithium soon b/c I couldn't tell what had me feeling so bad. '

I feel like s**t. Have no incentive to get up. Depressed.

So I wrote my Kaiser doctor who responded by telling me they have an outpatient clinic if I'm having problems.

I filed a protest with the outfit he works for.

I don't know what to do about my dose to try and get my life back.

I'm in despair.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Ron.

I had similar issues when my doctor upped mine from 20mg to 40mg 5 weeks ago, the side effects were horrendous and still are to a certain degree. I went back to the doctor last Monday and she asked me to bare with it for another 4 weeks as it can take up to 12 weeks to feel the benefits. I have had a few days where I have felt great and then slip back but I am going to stick to what the doctor has told me as I want to get better. I have read lots of posts on here about the side effects people have on these tablets which makes me feel not alone somehow and gives me faith. I have also read so many success stories and when you read back to their first posts they were suffering terribly. The problem is these meds make you feel a lot worse than you have ever felt before they kick in and start working you have to be patient and look forward to the day they work and keep focused on that day.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.