Side effects of Selincro

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. Thanks for reading this message. I started on Selincro (18mg) yesterday, via a UK online pharmacy. I had quite horrendous side effects inluding nausea, dizzyness sweating & general disorientation.

Are the side effects only for the first few days? I have not had a chance to evaluate its effect on alchohol consumption as yet.

Any replys would be useful & helpful

Regards Tony in London

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I would advise taking Selincro every day for the first week which gives your body chance to get used to it. My side effects began to lessen on the third day and got a little better each day.

Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, I will do as you suggest.

Regards

Tony

• Posted

Hi Tony

The advice given on this forum is that if you take a pill you must have a drink......

I heard something similar and was taking the pills without drinking, but I was soon put right.

I have been on the pills for about 4 weeks now and my consumption has reduced even though I have had a business trip and a weekend away with the wife, both of which were heavy drinking events, but not as bad as they would have been 3 months ago.

It has taken me 40 years to condition my body and brain into its present drinking style, it would be slightly unreasonable to expect that behaviour to change in 4 weeks, so I accept this may take a while, but so far so good.

Stick at it out I had some side effects but they do lessen after time, my saving grace was they were better than my hangovers.

Good Luck with the pills.

• Posted

yes , it gets better over the first week. It is worse for some than others. You may not feel like drinking but try to drink when taking the tablet for it to work. There are lots of threads on this forum to read that will give you some insight into what to expect and how to manage the process.
  • Posted

Hi Tony, 

Yes, the side effects will lessen.  Whilst they are doing that, try to ensure you have a small meal (cereal, sandwich or beans on toast, something like that) about 30 minutes before you take the tablet and drink lots of water.

I operate a not-for-profit organisation called C Three Europe and I support people through this method for free.  If you feel you want any support, then just get in touch with me biggrin 

You will find me via either a google search for C Three Europe or there is a link to the website in the pinnned post at the top of this forum.

I would suggest you do complete the online support tool, the details of which should have been included with your medicaiton.  It is called ReduceYourDrinking and is provided by the manufacturer of the tablets, Lundbeck.

Also, be sure to seach this forum as there are many people on here using this medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.