Side effects of sertraline

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone find that their symptoms and side effects can differ from day to day? Last week I had headache and blurred vision but the last two days had a tight knot in upper stomach.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Iris

I am actually being weened off Sertraline 150 mg. I have had nausea, headaches and stomach problems, fatigue, fuzzy head, lightheadedness.  I would assume that the side effect when starting Sertraline would probably be quite similar..

• Posted

Wean yourself slowly....very slowly, regardless of whatever your doc says.  I usually miss every third day for a few weeks, then every second day for a few more weeks etc etc
    • Posted

Hi, I've never had side effects to sertraline, I've suffered depression since 2005 but the only thing is doesn't help is alcohol! If I'm not on the tablets my OCD ruins my life sad
    • Posted

Hi haley 

I don't drink alcohol anymore it really doesn't mix well with medication and if anything makes your depression worse..

I don't have OCD but I can totally understand needing medication to help.

I am being weened off Sertraline to be introduced to  Cipralex for depression but I have Fibromyalgia and hoping this helps pain..

• Posted

l have been dropping 50 mg a week and tomorrow I stop altogether..Thank God as I don't like the side effects to be honest..They where not working for me..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.