Side effects of Tramadol

Posted , 6 users are following.

Started on Tramadol SR for pain 12 weeks after TKR. ?having side effects

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maryedna, I have been taking Tramadol through both my knee replacement operations with no side effects at all, but I know friends who have had bad reactions. I suppose I have been lucky as they seem to suit me, but they are a powerful drug and when the time comes to stop taking them it has to be done gradually. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Hi Mary Edna I too couldn't tolerate Tramadol. I was hallucinating with them too. My doc switched me to Solpadol which were much more suited to me. Hope you can get something more agreeable Nuala xx

• Posted

I was on TRAMADOL , co-codamol 30/500 and diclofenac . Had no problems ,pain was controlled so had no problems with physio , or other exercise . That was 19 1/2 and 17 1/2 years ago . Still pain free . 
  • Posted

I was on tramadol for 5 weeks after a tkr, which I was told was the least effective prescribed med for pain  I could not tolerate oxycodone as it made me violently ill.   I found tramadol became less and less effective at controlling pain as the weeks went by.  I also became extremely anxious and slightly depressed.  After researching tramadol, I learned these are common side effects.  I started tapering off and went down to 2 a day and then quit.  I had side effects for at least 2 weeks after stopping the meds.  I am now 13 weeks out and take ibuprofen as needed for aches.  I have very little pain now for which I am thankful.  I have been doing physical therapy since the day of the surgery.  I have been told by my doctor and friends who have had tkr that exercise is key to a good recovery and something that will be necessary long term to keep the knee in good shape.  Best of luck and let your doctor know about the side effects of the tramadol.  He/she may be able to switch you to something else as long as you need meds to control the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.