Side effects of Zoladex

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi!

Recently I went under the laparoscopic surgery for severe endometriosis and now I have taken my first injection for Zoladex, I had the every 3 months shot. Just wondering how long does it take to feel the side effects kick in? I have read really nasty side effects and I am ready for them. I am sure they won't be as nasty as the pain I have suffered from my endo.

Hopeful 35 years old mother.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm back on zoladex after my endometriosis coming back after 16 years after having a hystorectomy..even after a total hystorectomy.. I've had 2 zoladex injections and appart from itching around injection site and being able to feel the injection under the skin. Ive been short tempered and irritable ive had constant headaches but not sure if that is down to other health issues..some hair loss..again could be down to age and other issues. On the whole not too bad.. much better than dealing with endo!

• Posted

Wow after 16 years and after a total hysterectomy. May I know how long do these symptoms last? And you are right, it can't be worse than endo pain Im sure. 

• Posted

on my 5th injection now. side effects are ok. nothing major.headaches ..itching n bruising but over all ok. I don't know what happens when the injections finish..whether I get refered back to a gynacologist..?im hoping the heamatoma has dispersed and it's cleared up some of the endo.

• Posted

Side effects are only a possibility, not a certainty. If you read the complete drug info sheet, there's a breakdown of side effects showing the percentage of testers who experienced each one. Even if 10% got one particular side effect (& i've never seen such a high figure tho i don't dedicate myself to reading them), that means 90% of users did not get that side effect. I couldn't pull up the info in a quick google or i would've tried to copy & paste it here.

We can psych ourselves into getting side effects by telling ourselves that we'll get them. The brain is a powerful organ.

• Posted

You know what? I showed your reply to my husband and he said its like she is talking straight to you. I have this personality that I get anxious for nothing. Your reply is by far my most fav one. Thank you for those words, much needed. smile
    • Posted

Well, thank you. There are no guarantees in life. But if we do nothing because we're afraid, we exist but we don't have a real life. It is easy to get wrapped up in fear w/endo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.