Side effects off 20mg fluoxetine

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm on my 10th day of 20mg fluoxetine! I was prescribed them as I had a complete beak down and couldn't cope/severe anxiety! The side effects have been absolutely horrendous! Feeling detached Couldn't sleep the first few days! Very se sensitive to noise! Constant nausea and upset stomach no apitite what so ever have to force food down have lost nearly a stone in weight in 2 weeks. Have no motivation what so ever! Also came out in like dry skin patches very itchy under my eyes on my neck and arm it has died down now though. Felt like I was dieing last week feel 10 times better this week! Gonna stick with them. Has anyone else had similar side effects.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes all the above plus indigestion and joint aches but now after 4 weeks I feel so much better and starting to enjoy life again, stick with it - you will feel better
    • Posted

Hope i feel better soon! Small steps but I will get there😊 Thankyou for replying!
  • Posted

Hi yes i have had all of those along with the runs first thing on a morning. Still got those and growling tummy. I am on week three/four and yesterday was my first great day. Today i have had a very light head but i am going to stick with them because everyone is saying that it takes time for the meds to work.
    • Posted

Yes my stomach has been the worst thing for me it's horrible that I cannot eat or don't fancy anything! Yes I have read it takes a while & i will be sticking to them I was on lustral before fluoxetine but the doctor changed them! I do feel a lot better from last week which was possibly the worst feeling I have ever had in my life never want to go through it again ever! Thanks for replying??

• Posted

Hi Kirsty I've been on flu for 7weeks and I had horrendous side affects too! I had too massive panic attacks had to cut out caffeine for a while, I was so depressed and scared I was bed ridden for about 2 weeks my mum came to help me with kids... I went back to dr but he said to stick with it

• Posted

Ooo really sounds awful to be onest! Hope your feeling better. Do you feel any better atall? Yes it made my anxiety worse last week I was beside my self literally mam had to take me to hospital because I just didn't know what was happening to me felt like I was losing control worst feeling I have ever experienced was so scared! Panic atttacks! But yes the side effects are really crap! I couldn't sleep atall last week but I'm sleeping now thank god!

• Posted

I couldn't stand feeling like sh*t so I was drinking a lot too which made me feel worse! This week has been the first best week in a long time! I'm at the gym and eating healthy again! I was eating takeaway everyday but didn't gain weight cause of flu. I know it's annoying to hear stick in there but there is light at the end of tunnel!!! I'm always gonna have down moments though I'm human. But know I can manage them. I had the worst side effects ever !! But learnt I also have to get off my ass and help the drug along. Lying in bed drinking and eating pizza will not help!! Good luck with it

• Posted

Hi

Yes Fluoxetine is an excellent antidepressant but it can take a full 12 weeks to reach a steady state and for the side effects to wear off. I know they can be horrendous! All the best.

• Posted

Yes-all of those are typical. Stick with it. You will have good and bad days, but eventually the bad days will lessen and you will have more good days. One day, your appetite will return and you won't feel jittery in the morning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.