Side effects on short term. Please some advise

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there. I have a skin disorder which makes me crazy. I don't know what to do. My doctor prescribed me paxil 20mg. But side effects really scares me. Impotency and Erection problems make me scare. Guys what you advise? Will be there any side effects like these?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Loss os libido and ED are wuite common side effects of SSRIs I’m afraid. So they may well happen. Which skin condition do you have. Wouldn’t it be better to treat this rather than the anxiety?
    • Posted

Actually i have used steroids for a little time but thinned anyway. I am stereoid free for 1.5 years. I don't know what to do. Sometimes it increases and makes me so nervous and i don't know what to do. How can i live with it.

• Posted

I've been on it for about 5-6 weeks only. Had same concern about side effects. The side effects I have are that it takes me a lot longer to reach orgasm and a slight loss of interest. No problems getting or maintaining erection. Hasn't bothered me as my interest in sex was always much higher than my wife and I was a little quick finishing so it's all not such a bad thing. Guess everyone will have different effects though.

• Posted

And well you should! I just posted as a reply to Constantine about my experiences with Paxil poison
  • Posted

I think this drug shouldn’t be given to anyone! That said, it served me well during menopause when I developed anxiety attacks driving on hiways. I went off it after weaning myself off slowly. It was all fine. 5 years ago after losing our home and belongings of 35 years after job losses during the recession, we were homeless and forced to live in a trailer for a year and finally renting a small place in a small town, far from family and friends. Devastated, I was really panicked! A new Dr. put me back on Paxil at the mansized dose of 25 mg CR. It did help tons! A few months ago I experienced symptoms of serotonin poisoning: tremors, hot, itchy rash, constant anxiety, tinnitus, premature heartbeats, and feeling like I was in a cloud. The PA tried to give me more drugs and welbutrin. I refused came home and went off this poison cold turkey. It has been a tough 2 weeks but I feel a gazillion times better despite a couple vivid  dreams, brain zaps which are diminishing, a couple crying bout for good reasons and a few great laughs. I hadn’t laughed or cried both times on this drug! I’m wary of what to do about a panic attack while driving on an overpass. I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. Oh, I’m not feeling like I can hardly breathe anymore! Medical people, over my long lifetime, are woefully ignorant about pharmaceutical drugs and their side effects! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.