side effects or not?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have suffered depression on and off all my life and just been reading about some of the 'many' side effects of citalopram.

Since about December/January I have been suffering the following (which are listed as citalopram side effects) .........shakiness, difficulty focusing, difficulty sleeping, agitation, difficulty concentrating, some anxiety, confusion, feeling faint, and difficulties in passing water.

I realise these are listed as possible side efects but are the feelings I get really side effects? Does anyone else experience the same?

Sometime when walking the dogs my legs begin shaking and feel so weak, I start going dizzy and feel some stomach upset then need to sit down. My body tells me that I need sugar or chocholate, usually this cures how I feel.

My concentration span is really minimal, and now am getting constant head aches like strees head aches or a flu feeling in my head.

As i said, Ive been on these tabs a long time but only over the past few months have I been constantly feeling lke this.

Is this down to citalopram?

Thanks for reading

Paul.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi paul

i as the same as you i feel ill all the time i had mine for 17 years but i seem to go though stages sometime it seem not to bad and other time i feel like crap my gp told me it depression and anitxy i take venlaxine for mine oh but i told him if i feel like this most days i am not going to be a happy bunny so it just all a mess

i carried on work though but i am not of ill with it as i seem to be going though a rough patch

anyway hope u feel better soon

stefen

• Posted

Ive been on these pills for around 5 weeks and I still get tension headaches and generally crappy feeling most of the time, makes ya feel bit better just knowing others feel the same.

I feel better mentally than when I started the pills but hopefully the physical affects will stop soon.

Im still in the mind set that is it the pills thats making me feel like this or something else, listening to other peoples experiences makes you think it is the pills

Hope alls well!

• Posted

hi paul

hope ur feeling a bit better today

i think some of it is the pills and some of it is you

but ur doing the right thing stopping it befor it gets out of hand

keep going to ur gp and take every thing they offer as i think i let mine get out of hand thats why it gone on so long

another good tip is dont keep reading about it i found that it make you worst and u start to get more things wrong with you i know as i did the same

anyway you have a good weekend and i chat soon

stefen

• Posted

Paul,

These sound like symptoms of suddenly stopping taking citalopram. But that's not the case with you is it? For your own peace of mind get along to your GP and have it checked out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.