Side effects possible???

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been on 60 mg of Cymbalta for a few years for anxiety/depression. Recently my anxiety got really bad so my doctor  added in 10mg of Buspar twice a day. Didn’t help. Tried 15 of Buspar and it made me fee yucky so we cut back to 10 (twice a day) and added 30mg of Cymbalta at night as well. I’ve been having sinus pressure, ear pressure and headaches. Would that be from upping my dosage??

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

• Posted

More than likely. Have u looked up the side effects of Cymbalta? There is a website called Cymbalta hurts worse .
  • Posted

Hi Sara:

Very difficult to answer your question since the addition of Buspar and increase in Cymbalta may be causing their own side effects and hard to figures out which is causing what effects, if any. 

I'm taking Cymbalta 30 & 20 mgs divided during the day, xanax, lamictal, remeron plus two blood pressure meds -- all at fairly low doses.  I am now experiencing right ear and jaw pain/pressure which I think are due to the dry mouth created by Cymbalta (didn't have that problem prior to taking it).  Could be your salivary glands are irritated due to dry mouth which can also aggravate your sinus and bring on headaches.  

So my answer is maybe.  You should certainly check with doc and tell him/her of these new symptoms.

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.