side effects ramipril Amias (Candesartan)

Posted , 4 users are following.

In August was put on ramipril and got the most awful cough kept me awake. Now have been on Candesartan (8mg) for a month and still have the cough (maybe not quite so bad) but also have nasal congestion which is so bad I’m snoring and coughing at the same time at night (poor husband!). Nasal congestion isn’t on side effects but wonder if anyone else has had this? (To complicate things I had a cold about three weeks ago but feel it’s not connected) thanks in advance. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

heather06279...Reampiril is in the class of ACE Inhibitors, which are known to cause a hard dry cough. Not everyone gets the cough, but about 1 in 4 do. You are now on an ARB (Candesartan). These aren't known to cause a cough, but it can happen. Chances are..the cold you have/had you haven't truly gotten rid of it. 

I would encourage you to see the doctor & tell him/her what's going on.

Let us know how you get on .

• Posted

Hi

I am on Canderstartin as well, have been for a few years. I used to take Amlodopine too and the Betta blocker, Bisoprolol for a fast heart rate. I'm convinced now the palpitations started through the Amlodopine which l have now stopped taking. The Dr upped the Canderstartin to compensate for that, 8mg in a morning and 4mg in the afternoon. Since taking this extra l have noticed my nose is constantly blocked on a daily basis so l think you can safely say that your nose being the same, is also due to the Canderstartin. I hate the feeling also the feeling of doom and gloom l have too. Horrible to think these drugs to make us well are actually causing a whole lot of other problems. How are you doing now, and have you found another bp tablet to take the place of Canderstartin? Hope so. Keep well.

• Posted

Hi

I am on Canderstartin as well, have been for a few years. I used to take Amlodopine too and the Betta blocker, Bisoprolol for a fast heart rate. I'm convinced now the palpitations started through the Amlodopine which l have now stopped taking. The Dr upped the Canderstartin to compensate for that, 8mg in a morning and 4mg in the afternoon. Since taking this extra l have noticed my nose is constantly blocked on a daily basis so l think you can safely say that your nose being the same, is also due to the Canderstartin. I hate the feeling also the feeling of doom and gloom l have too. Horrible to think these drugs to make us well are actually causing a whole lot of other problems. How are you doing now, and have you found another bp tablet to take the place of Canderstartin? Hope so. Keep well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.