Side pain and more

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok so I’ve had a few problems this past couple of months and I’ve got no idea what to do now 

I’ve been having these real uncomfortable pains in my right side, it feels different depending on the position I am in 

If I’m standing it doesn’t feel too bad at all but when I lay down on my right side it feels really uncomfortable  at the rib cage and I have to move, then if I lay down on my left side my whole right side feels as if a lot of pressure is being put on me it feels real heavy 

I can only sleep on my back because of it and it’s worrying me as I’ve had it for 2 months now and doctors can’t seem

To tell me what’s what. I’ve had an ultrasound on my liver, kidneys, gallbladder, spleen and pancreas and they told me that everything looked ok except that I had a slightly fatty liver and they couldn’t see the whole of my pancreas 

I’ve also had a CT scan of my kidney because they thought I might have kidney stones but that came back fine 

I don’t know where to go next 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi robinrose,

I too have the same pain for 3 months and have had all the same things done to me as well. Everything was normal. The only thing you did not list having is the HIDA scan who shows if the gallbladder is functioning properly. I had that done and it showed mine was not. With that said.....just to confirm that was the problem, the doctor followed it up with an upper GI. Though I do not have gallstones, the gallbladder is the problem and needs to come out. I'm just scared to have it removed so I have not made a decision. Hope this helps you.

• Posted

Ah ok i haven’t had a HIDA scan what does that involve? 

And that’s not nice you have a problem with your gallbladder but it’s good they’ve found what is causing your pain 

It does sound scary to have it removed but think about being pain free smile I wish you luck and hope it all goes well for you 

And thankyou for replying I will ask my dr about getting a HIDA scan

• Posted

What you describe when you lay down sounds exactly what I feel like but I have gallstones and they’re stuck in the neck, they tell me. They were going to do a HIDA scan on mine, but the ultrasound was pretty conclusive for me. Ask your doctor about the HIDA scan, it checks to see if the gallbladder functions properly. I’m getting mine out in 16 days, and it can’t come soon enough. Good luck to you and best wishes
    • Posted

I will ask about the HIDA scan thankyou 

And good luck with having yours removed hopefully it will resolve your problems 

Good luck and thanks for replying 

• Posted

I went through that for a year and a half. It turned out to be my gallbladder. Ask for a hidalgo scan. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.