Sides effects of Ibuprofen gel

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello Anyone out there got any experience of using ibuprofen gel.  I cannot take nsaid tablets as they affect my IBS and I also have asthma.  I suffer from arthritis and recently strained my back when it did not improve I went to the gp and was prescribed the gel which I used for  about 4 weeks.  I suffer from anxiety and am awaiting tests for angina so don't know if it is this or the gel which has caused recent bout of digestive problems. I already have back problems and in the middle of a bad cold all the coughing has not helped now this chest soreness burping bloating and mild indigestion but not heartburn as such.  Anyone offer any opinion.

Thanks.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, the only thing i can tell you for sure ,is that-> if the ibuprofen is a problem to take and you don t see any improvement , please don t take it, i have had a very bad experience with this medication in the past, it just ruined my chest becouse my problem was in my stomach, and they gave me this very strong tablets that did not help me at all. i suggest you go for endoscopy as soon you can, couse is not good wasting time, so they will find out your problem and sort it out.i really wish you get better, at the minute, please drink lots of hot water (not so hot) and lemon, + Manuka honey- look after your self, dont do and dont think about silly things, beleave me we atract what we think, so be optmistic and positive it

Will help you  stay  very close to life, you will be strong again  and Healthier than ever. good luck,  i will pray for you.

• Posted

Hi Thanks you for your reply.  I don't like ibuprofen and I would never take the tablets again having done in the past for an arthritic knee and they caused stomach problems and did very little for the pain.  I will see the doctor after Christmas but I am already having disagreements with her over vitamin D tablets and calcium and have to have more blood tests in the new year plus heart stress scans in early January.

I can only cope with so much at one time.  I have Ibs and have taken omeprazole in the past another awful drug which was terrible to get off  with the withdrawal symptoms.  I do however have ranitidine and that is what I am taking at the moment.  I should mention I stopped using the ibuprofen gel about 4 weeks ago and as I said never take the tablets.

Sometimes I feel like stopping all tablets and starting again but of course I won't.  Doctors are too quick to hand out pills in my opinion.

Merry Christmas to you.

• Posted

i am happy to hear that, you off ibuprofen this is good, now ,we have to be very careful with any medication doctors give us, since i nearly die becouse them i just lost  confidence, i know in some cases we really need them, but is good avoid if you can, becouse our body always find weird when a unusual thing hit our system, some time the body go mad, i remenber once i was taking so many different  tabletts i just got much worse, so i decided stop all of them, then i got better.What i mean is , EMAPROZOLE and RANlTlDlNE cam be good sometime, but in time it lower your stomach acid so much, that is no good couse effect your immune system making easy to be attacked by disease, out there  is nice natural option to replace emaprozole and ranitidine for example Mastika gum, DGL chewable Liquorice.About vitamine D as far i know you have to always also take the calcium and magnesium together to help the body absorb the vitamine D. Avoid fuze drink, eat health food , it will help you get better. Not sure but your doctor did not mention you may have H.Pylori? that s why i said maybe you should go for endoscopy, i had many problem before like duodenal ulcer symptoms, gerd, H. Pylori, now i am just like Bullfighting :-)  . good luck
    • Posted

Hello again,

I know about not taking omeprazole and other ppi's and ranitidine etc long term especially the ppi's.  

As far as the vitamin D situation it is a long story which I won't bore you with.  It will be resolved once I get my levels tested again next month.

Have not tried mastika gum but have tried the DLG licorice did not think it helped in the past.  

I was tested for H. pylori back in 2012 and it was negative.  Don't know if I need testing again.  

It sometimes seems like everyone you know  is either taking acid reducing tablets, having tests for H. pylor or going for camera down the stomach.  I think it is to do with modern life processed food and the stress of life these days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.