Sietica nerve pain what can I do can't walk?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can't walk, serve pain almost can't move been to 3 hospitals already they won't keep me. I even cried begging them too. That's how much pain I'm in! What do I do????

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You need to ask your GP for a visit to an Orthopdedist and get an MRI Scan. The Scaitic Nerve is the largest nerve in the body running along the spine and if you have a Herniated Disc or Stenosis which, means the channel through which the nerve runs is narrow, then the nerve is being pinched somewhere. Drugs don't cure anything, they can stiop the pain while you do physio-therapy, but without MRScan or X-Rays no-one can help you. Nerve pain requires meds that ruin your kidneys , liver and stomach. So , at best a temporary solution. You need an Orthopdest or a Neurologist. Good luck.

• Posted

I'm in the same boat .I've been to pain clinic.Had facet injections, epidurals etc.I've searched hours on the Internet.

I am going to see a chiropractor tomorrow to see if he can do anything for me because I was looking on youtube and they were doing deep tissue manipulation.

All the doctors and neurosurgeons can say to me is if they had a magic wand they would use it.So for £50 they are going to give me an examination and tell me if they can help me.So fingers crossed. Dean.

• Posted

Without a MR Scan you can't traet it adequately. Any exercise that stretches the spine can help, but a Chiroparctor can halp you become totally crioppled if he makes you do an exercise that inappropriate for what The Scan would show. I can't walk now because a Chriroprator made me twist my spine and made the Stenosis I had worse. 

• Posted

Absolutely agree with Kookywit - you don't want someone pulling you apart trying to find the problem Dean, you need the problem area identified first by MRI, which could take months to arrange I'm afraid, and then remedial action taken, which might involve a Chiropractor or some other appropriate physiotherapy Hope that helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.