Sigmoid flexi test tomorrow and possible X-ray while passing a motion

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello I don't know if any one can answere but having mine tomorrow I am in the process of Bowell prep , I am still sore from Being examined in clinic 2 weeks ago hopefully I will have sedation but am so scared as the examination in clinc really hurt dose the sedation really help. 

if if nothing found I have to be created while I an going to toilet has any one experienced this ? Can't belive this is done but know it is help 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi

When I was examined they let me have both the sedation and gas and air. So if your worried make sure you ask for the gas and air too, it really helped me

• Posted

Hello g765 thankyou for answering 

I had to beg to be allowed sedation   To be put on my notes,

so am not  hopeful for any thing else  and scared as am so sore before its happens , the Dr in clinic was nice but he really hurt me sad sad 

but I will ask 

• Posted

Hi I have had a colonoscopy not long ago and I was a bit nervous,I had a injection to relax me and it was fine the prep was the worst I thought I think the test is similar.i have had a proctograme aswell that was ok a little embarrassing but it's worth it to find out what the problem is,I am still waiting surgery it took a long time to find my problem but it was found with the proctograme
    • Posted

Hi ella thankyou I hope the injection works fr me tomorrow 

Is the proctograme having to go to the toilet while being xrayed

• Posted

Sorry it posted before I finished 

my understanding is I have to sit in the middle of a room and well you know 

no screen or anything !

• Posted

Hi yes sound right first u lie on a bed they squirt some paste in that's ok there is a lady at the top of the bed telling you what they are doing step by step,they you sit on a toilet chair thing that is abit higher than the bed and they ask you to press it out and X-ray are tacken the other fellas are behind a curtain tackin the X-ray
    • Posted

Thankyou they said it would be to see if I had a prolapse if this sig tomorrow Oh dear  what we have to go through .....
    • Posted

THats ok it will be fine I would have it done again they found I had a intussusception which is an internal bowel prolapse they are not sure what surgery I will have done yet I have an appointment 25 march let me know how you get on
    • Posted

Will do  thankyou for your reassurance , just about to take my last 2 laxatives which will get me upat 2 o'clock am 

then the home enema in the morning .......still should be over by lunch time !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.