Sigmoidoscopy Thursday

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

I have been referred for a urgent sigmoidoscopy which is on thursday. up to now i have seen 3 different drs all at emerg 2 said anal fissure one said hemmoroids. i have had loose stools and specks of blood upon wiping . the pain at tomes is unbearable itching and burning/throbbing actually inside the rectum. my anus doesnt look normal and feels so swollen. ive attached a picture image

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi I had something very similar but mine had looked red and purple . I had a sigmoidoscopy and was told there were no hemmoroids and I in fact was diagnosed with proctitis . Hope all goes well for you

• Posted

I had one of these last year and they couldn't find anything. Hopefully they will be able to do something in your case because there's clearly something there that you can see. Sadly I continue to have a very itchy bum every day, sometimes near the back, sometimes at the front and often inside. It hurts when I'm on the toilet, and occasionally there's blood on loo roll when I wipe my bum afterwards. I think this may be caused by scratching.

• Posted

Maybe try some polysporin ointment... or colloidal silver applied 3X/day...

And see a good gastroenterologist!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.