sigmoidoscopy worries

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi im having a sigmoidoscopy next week thought great not a bid tube only 2 ft wont hert but reading some peoples blog im terrified.i ws offered a bottle of bearium to do at home or have it done when i go back what the hell are u suposed to get it up your own bum at home

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shirley, please don't worry yourself unduly. I haven't had a  barium for many years but I have had many sigmoidoscopy ? Please read my previous comments on this subject.

regards.

• Posted

I had mine done at the hospital don't worry about that . That's the easy bit . Good luck .
    • Posted

Hi I was expecting a full one all around the bowel but only doing the one side and Anus just a short tube to the other ones. Carnt get back to being alive until I go on the ninth been for accessing today was even scared of that hate hospitals.

• Posted

I had one about (15 years ago in the US).  I was lied to, and told that it was pain-free, and no sedation was needed.

I have never returned for anything so invasive and painful.  I don't trust doctors whatsoever.  And I worked in health care for over 20 years.

NEVER AGAIN.

• Posted

Very true I was lied to promised sedation only to be told it was nothing to worry about, never again . 
    • Posted

Hi Shirley, whilst I do sympathise with anyone who has endured a difficult procedure, most people report discomfort. And, let's face it, it doesn't last very long does it. Also we need the procedure to find out how best to treat our conditions/illnesses.

regards.

• Posted

In reality, that procedure probably wan't long.  But it seemed that time stood still  ........  and it lasted hours.  Virtually hours.
    • Posted

I know how u feel the procedure is painfull and something u can't get over quickly . I still have nightmares will never let this happen again unless I know I'm being sedated . Take care .
    • Posted

hi so ive been for my procedure today it was so painfull i had no sedation or gas dont know why they said have gas but i was in a world of pain they found a polypos and tried to remove it but i was in to much pain so they stopped.its 15 cm large so got to go and have a xray and a full procedure with sedation to check theres no more and remove tham.wind pains where so bad after omg.just hope it will be ok .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.