Sign of Ovulation

Posted , 8 users are following.

Do folks still get the regular signs of ovulation in perimenopause?  I noticed a change in my vaginal discharge (at exactly day 12-14 of my cycle) and was exhausted for 2 days with a twing of pain on one side. 

This seemed too normal for me (if that make sense!).  Making me second guess all the other symptoms of night sweats, dizziness and numbness (if I'm not peri than this other stuff isn't right!).

Thanks as always!  Desiree (age 41 and having a health anxiety crisis)

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You still ovulate when in peri so yes, you'll have symptoms of it and have periods. Although the periods will eventually get further apart. But peri can last for several years and periods can get heavier. Mine did.

• Posted

Yes I noticed the mucous discharge as well I'm in perimenopause have been for a few years my periods are all over the place have it now ughhh it's heavier clottier I have skipped a month here and there I also have months where my period is longer too I just wish it would go away already and just know perimenopause can last up to ten years hang in there

• Posted

I am pretty sure it is all normal. I have much the same stuff. Have you have blood work? It will give you numbers to tell you where you are in the process of change. 
  • Posted

Yes you definitely still ovulate during perimenopause. Now and then you won't, and toward the end of peri you won't. It's normal. Your hormone levels are changing though, which is what causes all the other lovely (ugh) symptoms.

• Posted

A symptom I'd heard about but couldnt imagine was the dryness. if it is not lubed, it can reeeelly hurt at the most inopportune times!  The first time it hit me, i was out for a walk. oh that was terribly uncomfortable.  

• Posted

That is normal for peri meno I get exact same crashing fatigu.....feel very anxious for a few days in peri you still ovulating it's just hormones are changing causing all these horrible symptoms.... good luck

• Posted

Glad I read this Desiree. I was wondering the same. And I am in a constant state of health anxiety. You wouldn't believe the things that set mine off. I should literally shut my eyes and wear ear plugs until I get through this!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.