Signed off!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi.  Just to let you know that my consultant has finally signed me off as fully recovered from my frozen shoulder.  I started noticing symptoms about 15 months ago and had arthroscopic capsular release about 7 months ago.  Following that, I did a programme of fairly gentle home exercises as recommended by a physio.  I stopped these about 2 months ago, as they were no longer necessary.

This is just to give hope to all those sufferers out there that the nightmare will not last for ever and that the condition does go away, although different people may take varying times to recover.

Also, I would like to say a big thank you to fellow forum-members who gave support and advice, especially when I needed it most when the pain was at its worst.

I am still taking part in a clinical trial with the NHS which is trying to determine the best course of treatment for FS; the trial will be continuing for another year or two yet.  I will update on the outcomes of that if I remember; otherwise, I will probably withdraw from contributing to the forum.

Once again, thaks to everyone and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thats brilliant news Richard smile Fs is such a misunderstood very painful condition and only those of us who have experienced it can fully understand how truly awful it is..... I'm just coming through my 2nd fs (non dominate shoulder this time) and it has been the most dreadful journey!!! Lol I'm just so relieved we only have x2 shoulders!!!!!     Good luck for the future fs free!!!! Its so nice to hear from someone else that there is light at the end of this very long tunnel.......

• Posted

That Is great news, and very encouraging! Thank you for sharing positive energy! All the best!
  • Posted

So happy that you have recovered from your frozen shoulder.  This is my second go-round.  I'm hoping that this one only lasts 7 months like the last time (4 years ago).  I am in my third month and still have so much pain which makes sleeping difficult.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone (although I would like some people to experience it for just a day so they understand what it's like).

• Posted

Thank you for the update!

I seem to recall that the researchers picked your course of treatment 'randomly', so that was brave of you to participate. So glad you had positive results. biggrin 

Very much looking forward to reading the trial report down the road! 

• Posted

This is good news, and it's where everyone should hope they achieve. I've not posted before, but used the forum for advice. I'm now recovered after what I can only describe as a very dark period in my life. I would say to anyone else suffering that you do get through it. I knew nothing of the condition before it choose me. Not wanting to get competitive but my consultant said it was the worst case he'd seen, he probably tells everyone that though! I have 90% full use of my dominant arm which is good enough, my dreams of being an Olympic shotputter are well over.

My experience/advice.....

Only one of the GPs in my medical practice understood. My physio was the best source of information and directed me along the way. Be assertive in the treatment you need. You need supportive people, family, work etc around you. Take pleasure In What you can manage. Lack of sleep can lead to depression. Be ready. It may rob you of you for a while, but that will return. And it is time that will heal. 

Sorry richard for hijacking your thread  but just wanted to join in the message of hope. Also good luck in the research trail. Great stuff.  

Best wishes to all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.