Significant Problem in another area

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello all, I suddenly have had pain and irritation in the area inside the crack of my buttocks.  My daughter looked and said it looks like blisters that had broken, and one part looks like an tear that bleeds a little bit.  Has anyone had this happen to them?  I was able to get an emergency appointment with my doctor tomorrow, but was hoping to get feedback from this wonderful group as well.  Thank you in advance.

Christine

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine 

Never had blisters with LS there is a distinct butterfly area that can be effected that encompasses the anal region the blisters may be the white patchy areas that may have cracked which can cause bleeding 

• Posted

Hi there. I recently was diagnosed with LS and used the clobatasol cream... within days i ended up with sores in my butt crack area. i stopped using the clobatasol and began using my acyclovir tablets... as i think the clobatasol induced an outbreak... since it is a form of immunosuppressant. I applied zovirax cream to the sores and tried my darn best not to wipe in that area.... and it healed in about a week.
    • Posted

I too have herpes which complicates the problem.  I have not had an outbreak in my vaginal area in years, and this doesn't feel like that, but it is possible.  Thanks for the advice.  We'll see what the doctor says.

• Posted

same here, it had been MANY years since last outbreak, and i usually get it on the vaginal area, but this time... it was in the CRACK! what the heck! LoL. Hope you get it sorted out and you feel some relief soon! xo
  • Posted

Yes they told me I have lichen scierosusvand they do make sores on your bottom. They gave me the steroid clobe. And it healed mine in no time.
  • Posted

Sometimes I feel like I get a tear (I’ve never had blisters there) too in that location.

Will be interesting to hear what your doctor says.

• Posted

ONLY thing that helps me in my LS flares is clobetasol steroid cream.  I have had it around my butt as well.  This cream works!!
  • Posted

Hi Christine, what you are describing is classic lichen sclerosus symptoms. 

I have had the same.  Mine presented itself with a line of blisters running up the crack of my butt.  The cause for me was a dietary blip, too much of things I shouldn't have eaten and I'm guessing yours could be the same.  I just think of them as mini flare-ups!  The blisters are not connected to the Clob cream, and in fact if you just watch your diet and leave them it should clear up in a matter of days.

• Posted

I saw the doctor today.  She is unsure whether or not it is LS.  I can tell you that I AM sure, especially now that I have seen your responses.  She advised that I use the clob ointment for 7 days.  I see her again on October 5.  She also recommended that I start a new cream that can be used daily and does not thin the skin.  The pharmacy did not have it, but I'll let you all know once I get it.  I think I'm going to  hold onto that, and try the sitz baths instead (after this flare heals).  thanks so much for all of your support - this group is the best!  My diet has been off, and my stress high because my husband passed away last week, so I'm sure that is what contributed to the flare-up.

Christine

• Posted

My condolances at the loss of your husband, what a stressful time! It def. sounds like LS  to me and yes, it can manifest itself in the butt crack.  I put a little Clob on it or some Emuaid and make sure to stay moisturized, it went right away. 

Good luck to you! And know you have our support! 

• Posted

Hi Christine, So sorry about the passing of your husband. Wow, that is stressful of course. I would be interested in knowing what the other cream is. I hate depending on the Clob when I have an outbreak. It's a double edged sword with that product. When I had an rash or whatever one calls it in the crack of my tush, I used Dr. Gold's cornstarch powder which helped. Sometimes I think drying out the area is better than putting something moist there. Take care and good luck.

• Posted

thanks so much, everyone for your support and advice. Susan, I found out that the cream is that protopic that people say not to use so I threw it out.

• Posted

Oh thank you for letting me know Christine. It's like I'm running out to buy everything that is mentioned on this forum. Something is bound to be work besides the Clob, hopefully.

• Posted

I'm trying different things as well. It's confusing when the LS spreads to the butt crack; not sure to keep it moist or keep it dry. It's different in the presentation - it doesn't look white, but is blisters and red/raw. I'm going to try to soak in a bath of dead sea salt. I know it has many healing properties. I'll let you know how it goes. We are all in this together.

• Posted

Hi Christine, soaking in sea salt is a great idea, and then dry it well with a hair dryer and hopefully it should dry up and go away. When I got the same I thought 'what the hell' as I ran my finger up and down the crack of my butt there appeared to be about five pea sized lumps, of course I did the wrong thing and immediately burst all of the blisters which is probably not the best plan. Like yourself I soaked in salt water and then it went in a couple of days...

sorry to hear about your husband.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.