Signs of childhood sexual trauma?

Posted , 2 users are following.

This is really embarrassing to put on display, but I'm desperate. I didn't know where to post this. I've asked my mom if I was molested as a child, and she says that she's wondered that herself but cannot say for sure.

I started masturbating very young, when I was around 7. I fantasized about very dark things, even at that age. I masturbated so much that my genitals were bruised and swollen. I restrained myself at least once around this time. I didn't even know that sex was a thing, all I knew was that it felt good. Also around this time was when I first attempted suicide.

When I was 11 I started cutting, and when I was 14 I developed a distorted body image and greatly restricted my eating. I lost my virginity at 16, and was very promiscuous. Also around this time I began drinking and smoking.

Recently I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, so I don't know what's a result of that and what could be signs of possible molestation. Any thoughts, advice, questions and/or next steps are greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.