Signs of endo

Posted , 1 user is following.

Since I started my period when I was 12 I had horrible long painful cloted periods and I wouldn't go to school. The solution to this was birth control I did great on it until I was switched to progesterone only. In Oct 2016 my life changed I went into the e.r with a ruptured cyst the next day I began to uncontrollably vomit and was extremely nauseated for months. I started having panic attacks, anxiety. No medicine worked however chamomile did. I did not even put together that at this time my period was jacked up. I went to the e.r again and they said gastroparisis and prescribed all these pills which made me sicker and in pain so I stopped after a few days. Then I was stretching and I had entire left side body numbness. I went to the e.r again nothing. I now get painful legs to the point I can't walk on my period. My back to my feet hurt really bad. I stopped birth control in march because my chest was so sore, which is now relieved. Periods are from hell now and I am sick a week before and after. My legs are tired and painful, I can't poop because pushing hurts. Before I start I have diarrhea. All my tests are fine but I'm deficient in copper and have to much b6 which I'm told is fine. I have also developed a weird thing in my hands and feet where they swell and get painfully itchy and red. Which I'm told is fine but its weird how symmetrical it is too my feet. I have lost 30 pounds and can not gain it back no matter what I eat. I always feel dehydrated, and my pee will be a yellow green. tho I drink more water then anyone I know. I am hypersensitive to gluten now which I cut out. And I can't take medidicine because I'll get sick I think I'm processing it too quickly. My immune system is also shot. Periods are unpredictable. I have recently developed these weird shocks over my heart/ ribcage its in the same spot and its really painful i cant move for a few seconds when it happens, im told this is fine. I want opinions before I ask for a larenscopy because I dont want to do it till I'm more convinced this could be it. I am scarred from doctor offices at this point. Sorry for the messy info I'm all over the place. But when I look back it all started on my period every time in e.r I'm on my period. Thanks for any info/input.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Remy

I am so sorry for all that you are going through. It must feel like betrayal by both your body and the medical system.

Part of the problem with the medical system is that it was created by men, and they don't have to pay close attention to their bodies, whereas we must pay attention: when will my periods start and breasts develop? When is my next period due and do I have supplies? Should I go on birth control? Did I take my BCP yesterday? Why is my period late? Why is my period lasting so long? How frequently am I supposed to replace my diaphragm?

And that's just the attention paid by women with zero menstrual problems. So we grow up paying attention and we notice when something new happens. Then we go to the doctor with all these symptoms and they blow us off and write "vague diffuse complaints about everything. "

Yet there may be something seriously wrong. No one here is a doctor and we cannot diagnose you. That said, a laparoscopy is the one and only definitive way to find or rule out endometriosis; everything else is guesswork. It is not a big surgery as surgeries go, but if one has never had any other surgery then it may seem intimidating. Many of us here can chat with you about that if you decide to have one.

I don't know where you are. Here in the States, emergency departments are not going to do much to treat pain except put the label "drug seeker" in the person's file, especially if the same person shows up more than once. I have learned over the decades to say firmly, clearly and frequently, "I am NOT looking for pain medication but I'd like to know what's causing the pain." But I have an internist & some ultram/tramadol at home plus I alternate heavy doses of acetaminophen and ibuprofen around the clock.

Many many things are best managed by one's own doctors. At a minimum, you need a gp and a gyn. Those shocks feelings should be checked out but in the States no ED would do so unless you showed signs of heart attack or pulmonary embolus, especially if you are under age 40. Your own doc should run some tests. Unfortunately many of us never find a good pain treatment, while others are more successful on that score.

I will say that as I read your post, i wondered if you might have an autoimmune problem in addition to whatever gyn challenge you've got.

How old are you, Remy?

• Posted

I'm 20 years old I have wondered if I have a autoimmune disease as well. I have to take allergy medicine for two weeks and I'm sure if my hand feet thing keeps happening I might get sent too neuropathy. I am in the states. I have a tremendous doctor I have had so much testing done all with nothing to show. No autoimmune tests though. My doctor probably thinks I'm a hypochondriac with anxiety but he is very understanding he knows how abruptly my life had changed. So when I ask for something he does it. But I'm out of tests to ask for and idk what the next step is. Its very frustrating every time I had gone to the e.r with pain they told me I'm fine. But I know my body I know the exact day my life changed I know its not normal. It just sucks but I refuse to give up. And I agree talking to male doctors about gyno problems have been no help lol. I just switched to a lady MD. I'm hoping I can come to her with my problems and get help. I'm waiting till after my appointment with my primary care doctor though. I just wanted to see if these symptoms felt familiar to someone. Thank you for understanding

• Posted

I also totally forgot to mention in my time of nausea I had been really bloated with a lot of pressure in my upper middle abdomen with no appetite. Now when I eat I am very bloated afterwards but I continue to eat regularly because I still struggle with the weight loss issue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.