SIGNS OF HEART ATTACK OR WHAT?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys. I've been posting here for quite a lot already. But I'm just really concern. I'm female 22yrs of age. I've been experiencing this symptoms for almost 3 weeks already been to doctors before and done EKG, blood test, urine test and thyroid but all went out normal. My symptoms are pain in the left arm that radiates until in the hands, left side pain of my body, sometimes I also do feel arm and body pain on the right side but usually on the left, sudden dizziness or lightheadedness just mild though and I don't feel like fainting, chest pain, back pain located in the like wings of the shoulder and indigestion. I also still keep burping but it doesn't taste acidic. Been taking omeprazole for almost 3 weeks as well nothing change. So I'm just worried if this is a sign of heart attack.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you've been to the doctor's and they've checked you for heart attack and found nothing, you shouldn't be worried about that. I know that not knowing what's wrong with you has to be some of the worst and stressful feelings ever, but you need to relax yourself a bit and try to have a positive outlook.

I've had exact same symptoms for months and i still haven't gotten an answer. So i know how you feel 😕

Did you get checked for anxiety? Anxiety and stress can do a lot to your body, including all of the symptoms that you've described. So maybe try getting that checked out?

Also could it all be just side effects of the medication that you're taking? I'm in no way an expert in medication, but maybe there's a chance of correlation between your symptoms and the meds you're taking. Try consulting your doctor for other possible causes of your symptoms.

Take care of yourself ❤️

• Posted

Hi Anna, I'm sorry you're still suffering from all these symptoms it really does suck when our bodies decide to cause pain in weird places. If your Dr has done heart tests then I am almost positive it isn't your heart. I was diagnosed with GERD and gastritis and I have so many of your same symptoms so i know how stressful these can make a person just try to relax and go back to your Dr and see if there's something else you can do to help ease your symptoms. And then let me know because my symptoms still persist as well lol

• Posted

Hi Anna, Have you been tested to see if you have an infection with Helicobacter Pylori?

I had almost the exact symptoms as you and I also thought I was having a heart attack but all my tests were normal. However, I was sent for an endoscopy and this was the only finding. I was prescribed antibiotics and with these and being very careful with what i was eating i gradually got better.

Helicobacter Pylori infections are quite common apparently and they can check for this by doing a stool test.

I do hope you'll be better soon.

Good luck

Jane

• Posted

I've had gerd for 4 years I'm 33.. I also thought I was having a heart attack when I first got my symptoms ... It felt like someone was sitting on my chest and neck my arms go tingly... it's actually awful.. I have had so many ecgs which all come back fine I get palpitations terribly esp2vially when I'm having an attack... it's actually so scary because it actually feels like youryour heart. Buy acid reflux really does horrible things to us. I'm on lansoprazole twice a day when my symptoms calm down I don't take them and thenjthen just start again when I have a flare up LIKE today... My heart rate even drops and goes slower than average 😦 hope you feel better soon. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.