Silent Migraine could be caused by facet joint syndrome

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi to everyone I have met on here over the past three years.  Update on my silent migraine - having seen new orthopaedic consultant today regarding possible SCM or silent migraine diagnosis - we hopefully move on a step as he thinks my symptoms might be being caused by facet joint syndrome in the back of my neck.  The good news is he is arranging some injections to help with the issue hopefully easing the dizziness and maybe stopping the weird head stuff that you get with silent migraines.  All sounds promising but Im not holding my breath.  Maybe this could be your diagnosis too ?  Hope this was helpful my dizzy friends.  Much love.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That's good news, I hope. Keep us posted. I think the SCM is something over looked.
  • Posted

I love that you're bringing up migraines. After several doctors visits including P.T. an E.N.T. an eye doctor and my GM, I've done enough research and am thinking I have vestibular migraine's. If you're not familiar with it, Google it. It has a lot of symptoms which parallel with vertigo for one.

I am going to a massage therapist Wednesday who specializes in cranial sacral therapy (CST). Google that too if unsure.

I hope this helps others find their diagnosis. Such a long process. All my best!

• Posted

Hi Linda - yes I think there are a lot of similarities between all the different conditions, in fact I dont know how they prove which one you have as opposed to another.  Ive had all the balance and hearing tests and they came up with silent migraine.  I did think myself it was SCM but have had that one disproved now so feel a step nearer.  There is a web site on facebook called MAV SUPPORT which also is good but they too go round in ever decreasing circles like we do on here just guessing desperate for a true diagnosis. 
    • Posted

What exactly is a silent migraine anyway? I've never heard of it. What do you do for it? Do you have it severely?

I hope you're not suffering. rolleyes thanks for the fb group forum. I might just check it out.

• Posted

Hi Linda,I dont think I knew what it was until I got it !!  Its a migraine but without the headache just all the weird neurological symptoms.  I thought I had MS when I first got it all.  So for me, its dizziness which is the primary problem, then pins and needles on top of my head, pain in my cheek, nose, jaw, back of head and front of head.  Pain in my eye, sometimes feel like my eyes are being pulled out from the front.  Cant stand bright lights, aisles in supermarkets, loud noises, lots of colours.  Then on occasions the splitting pounding headache right inside your eye that knocks you sick.  It all came out of nowhere, and without the headache, I didnt know what was wrong with my head.  My neck is very painful and goes all creeky and cracky.  Again weird. I can stop it all if I lie down on my side with my neck supported, but as soon as I get up, its all back again.  Im dizzy whenever I move head and my ears feel full and pounding. Basically thats silent migraine !! Its horrible, like a roundabout you can never get off. Had it three years none stop. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.