silent migraines?

Posted , 4 users are following.

so ive had some minor dejavus, some night terrors, some smells (rarely...) and daily blurry vision. i dont get the halos and the zig zags...i just get blurry vision from one eye.

doc said it could be silent migraine. i get no headache.

does anyone have any similar experience? because im not sure its migraines

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It could very well be silent migraine. I have the same, never a headache just a messed up head. I too have had phantosmia but not for a year now. My usual visual aura is the zigzag one but I've had blind spots, double vision and balance problems. Your having the blurred vision on one side makes it sound very much like migraine. Anne x

• Posted

the doc gave me antimigraine meds to try for a month. he said if my blurry vision goes away then its definitely migraines. if not then it might be psychological or whatever....

does it work like that? will the meds work if indeed its migraine? ive never heard of such a type of a migraine before, so its difficult to comprehend it

• Posted

I haven't much experience of migraine meds, only tried propranolol once and never again. Not having headache I just wait for it to go away. Only thing to do is try it for a month, keep a record of symptoms and see what happens. Hope it improves. X

• Posted

Hi,

I’ve recently been having something called brain stem aura and had similar symptoms. I always use to have migraines with horrendous pain but I’ve had no pain with this... but it’s almost worse as it’s lasted for so long.

Hope you feel better soon! X

• Posted

I get the zig zags but before that I got the blurry vision and was really sensitive to lights, plus I suffer dry eyes. I take dry eye drops and that seems to help apart from the auras (zig zags)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.