Silent Reflux

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello!

I'm a 30 year old that had a flu shot about a month and a half ago.... Ever since that shot I've been sick. I also started to have Silent Reflux: Chronic Cough, sore throat, hoarsness, Globus etc.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Is there a cure for this. Has anyone stopped Silent Reflux or GERD? My PC put me on Omeprazole only have been taking it for a few days we shall see.
  • Posted

Reflux can come from stress and I believe you are under stress right now. God bless!
    • Posted

I understand that this is a community support group do you have any advice or support for me as I'm having a difficult time with this?

• Posted

My best advice is to see a GI and eat a reflux diet until they have the answers.  For now take a low dose PPI, eat smaller meals, don't eat before going to bed (3 hours) and elevate your bed at night (wedge pillow is good).  Do not go crazy doing everything people say here because you have no idea if your problem is high acid or low acid which both can cause reflux/silent reflux. I'm getting done the Helderberg reflux test next month because I suspect my problem is low acid.  Sure, I'm 57 and you are 30 which makes me a better candidate to have low acid.  Now, stress itself kills acid so we are all candidates.   God bless!

• Posted

Thanks for your advice. Have you ever woke up in the morning coughing and throwing up stomach bike?
    • Posted

No, never-  I do have 24/7 chest pain, rib-cage pain and breathing problems every single day. I actually sleep with no reflux symptoms besides nasal breathing problems some night. I still use a wedge pillow half the night. 
  • Posted

Gaviscon advance four times a day.  Try a different PPI like Rabeprazole.  No cure other than surgery. 
  • Posted

I’m in the UK. I imagine you can still get it in the US however or try importing it ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.