Silent Reflux after taking lansoprazole?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I've made a forum post about acid reflux roughly a month ago, since then I've been taking lansoprazole properly once a day just before dinner. lansoprazole certainly solved the problem of food wanting to come out, however now after eating I get a bloating/tightness in my stomach and a food stuck feeling in my throat area, also I always wants to burp (Feeling gas wants to come out but the burp isn't smooth if you know what I mean), yes it is an uncomfortable feeling, but not as bad as heartburn. I just wanna know if anyone experienced this is before? And whether this is a sign that the lansoprazole is working, and am I in the healing process?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

No, I will be doubtful to say you’re in process of healing. In fact, if you’re getting symptoms in spite of medication, you should get yourself checked with endoscopy, to reveal the possibility of anatomical problem, if any. Also, there could be possibility of developing intolerance to Lansoprazole, however, there is rare chances to develop the same after such short duration of use.

Burping you’re describing is the golden symptom that is showing you that it’s highly likely that your HCL levels are low. Causing the food to sit around and ferment in the gut. Why not to visit a GP once again for consultation? I would also advise on changing lifestyle and eating habits, if not done already. Eating high fibre food from veggies, fruits or dairy products can lead to excessive gas formation. A consultation from dietitian/nutritionist should also be helpful.

• Posted

Hi Simon,

I started on Omeprazole medication when I first started with bad heartburn symptoms which worked great.  Then I started with the lump in the throat feeling, so my doctor changed me to Lansoprazole as its stronger.  This seems to be working ok but I have only been taking it for two weeks up to now.  I stil have the lump feeling so I am on a mainly liquid only diet at the moment and am awaiting a barium swallow test to see what is going on inside.  I would definitely go back to your doctor and maybe try and different type of medication as I have been told there is about four different ones to try that all do the same thing.  Maybe try and get a test done too to check things out.  Hope that helps.  Take care, Amanda.

• Posted

Hi Simon, Sorry I am just getting back to you.  It has been nearly 3 months now?

Amanda.

• Posted

I am absolutely convinced, through, ONCE, personal protracted troubles with this dire suffering, a hard prolonged hit of, LIKELY enough any, TWO ANTIBIOTICS will promote healing. I am not a qualified MD or anything like, but I also remain convinced early onset of Cancers will be beaten by a does of multi Antibiotics. Medical Pro's are a really strange bunch generally and rarely consider the real experts are their patient. That last word "patient" says much.
  • Posted

Hi simonnn I was taking lansoprazole for a couple of weeks but couldnt take it and it didn't work for me so went back to the gp and they give me a different tablet to take
  • Posted

Hi simonnn I was taking lansoprazole for a couple of weeks but couldnt take it and it didn't work for me so went back to the gp and they give me a different tablet to take
    • Posted

Hi Julie, my symptoms are getting better every day now smile My friend who does medicine in university said it'll take a couple of months to fully recover...
  • Posted

Hi,

Try taking a teaspoonful of apple cider vinegar and some digestive enzymes with your food. I did that and it helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.