Silent reflux and chest pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have all the symptoms of silent reflux but I also have chest pain. Does anyone else experience this?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes but not always. I get it with a severe episode, especially if I have caffeine ☹️. I reflux during the day mainly and  have horrible throat symptoms. 
    • Posted

Yeah, I have it during the day mostly. It doesn't really bother me at night but during the day I have post nasal drip, feel like my throat is backed up with mucus and have to call for Clear My Throat to clear it. I think with all the coughing I probably strained a muscle in my chest sad plus, I am in perimenopause so I have all sorts of other fun symptoms :-) Thanks for your reply!

• Posted

I have the same symptoms as you. I feel like I have a sharp object lodged in my throat and it’s so dry. It really is an awful condition. I literally drink gaviscon 😭

• Posted

It is horrible 😢 and then I get anxiety thinking something is more wrong with me, which doesn't help the situation at all

• Posted

Yes I get it and really bad biting feeling in chest and throat are you taking anything for it 
  • Posted

Hi I have GERD /lpr sometimes I can wake up with my throat completely closed I have felling of always swallowing a lump sore throat feels like sandpaper also have pains in Center of chest like down wind pipe & bad taste in mouth can I ask if u take meds for it & do u have any relief 

• Posted

Just started taking zantac 150....hoping it works 🤞

• Posted

Hi! I just wanted to know if the Zantac started working? I’ve been having similar symptoms and my doctor prescribed omeprazole 20mg and it has been kind of working. My throat is still really dry and I still feel a lump in my throat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.