Silent reflux and stool colour.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello.  I wonder if anyone has experienced a change in stool colour?  Mine go yellow at times.  I think I have read somewhere that this could be a sign of allergy - does anyone have any insight into this please?  Thanks.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yellow stools can be caused by giardiasis, a protozoan infection that can cause significant diarrhea but everyone has yellow stools periodically as we struggle to digest things we throw at our tummys. 
  • Posted

Hi....stool changes (colour ie) can be caused by MANY things, including medications that we take....it can also be a sign of too much fat in flood....I have had pale orange coloured stools since commencing a STATIN drug for high levels of Cholesterol (LDH..family inherited..both my sisters have same prob, and also take a Statin)..and it doesn't mean a person has to be overweight, as I have always been a small size in clothes, normally 54 -58 kilos, and 5ft 4inches in height)...if it were a tummy bug (gardisia), it  would more likely be a greenish colour and definately have bad diarreoha???   ...bron
  • Posted

Hi my stools changed colour to beige at Xmas and stayed that way until I stopped eating lactose in food and drinks. I had cameras up and down also CT scans blood tests. I lost a lot of weight too. Been lactose free for a month stools have returned to normal. I have put a few pounds back on too. Hope this helps x
    • Posted

I am lactose intolerant too but I can eat smaller amounts of it.

its difficult to be lactose free because we need a lot of calcium that is in dairy foods. ca,chum supplements are disastrous even with vitamin D because if acid rebound.

Me? I can eat hard cheeses that have low lactose and that gives me calcium enough. But hard cheeses also definitely cause constipation in high amounts. parmisan is great - easy to digest, low in lactose and high in calcium.

• Posted

Hi Jayne;   sounds as if you were lucky in finding your prob...being "lactose intorant" ???  There ae sooo many people out there with this issue.  I remember 2 of my cousins being same from infancy, my aunt gave them Goat's milk, which solved the problem:  apparently goat's milk has less fat in it.  Congrats for finding your answer, as too many suffer from terrible abdominal pain, until they find the cause, and I feel it is always something in their diet that is the cause.     Bron
    • Posted

Hi, yep lucky in the end. I have been suffering for 18 months with gastritis. Had terrible stomach problems. Then it got so much worse at Xmas. I lost so much weight. Before gastritis I was 10st 8 lb. I went down to just over 8st. Felt like I was fading away. Since stopping the lactose the gastritis seems under control. 

Stomach problems are dreadful it was all consuming. Hoping you find an answer x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.