Silent Reflux, post nasal drip & swollen tonsil

Posted , 4 users are following.

For about 6 weeks I have been dealing with what started as an ear ache (sensitive to loud noise) my primary doctor told me eustachian tube dysfunction. A few weeks later another trip to the doctor continued ear pain now accompanied by a swollen tonsil/post nasal drip. I am then given allegra, flonase ..all this allergy medication. Tested for strep and mono, negative. I finally saw a G.I doctor yesterday, I am getting an upper GI study. I already know I have a hiatal hernia from a CT scan and I take omeprazole. I have symptoms of LPR just not officially diagnosed.

Has anyone experienced a swollen tonsil/post nasal drip with silent reflux? I'm starting to get scared about all these symptoms that just wont go away. Any advice welcomed and appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Over the years I've found that my LPR and post nasal drip are seasonally related. For me Spring and Fall.

Using singulair, zantac (my Dr didn't have the same freakout feeling about Zantac's demise) and Mometasone spray. I've found that deep gargling while in the shower (yes, almost gagging helps) seems to break up the "globus".

• Posted

I will try the gargling. I have never had seasonal allergies before it's all so odd to me.

I have an ENT referral and my gastroenterologist scheduled a Barium swallow so hoping for some answers!

• Posted

yes i have self diagnose of silent reflux where you don't have the traditional heart burn but sore throat, Globus, breathing difficulties and seasonal allergies. i have recently had a very bad episode of feeling of food sitting in my food pipe for hours and constipation with chest pain. it is awful.

• Posted

I never have the heartburn feeling but I do have pain in my throat and a horrible taste as well.

I had chest pain that I went to the ER for, couldn't find a thing a wrong with me. It's a horrible feeling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.