silly decisions

Posted , 4 users are following.

urfh ! ibeen extreamlt sepressed for 2 years brfore i was just kind of depressed but delt with it ok but past 2 years have been particularly bad. last night i had a few drinks and whent on even more of a downer and ended up takeing a hole slip of potien pain killers i eventually blacked out on my PC desk the amout i took should have stopped me breathing in almost every way i wished it had today has be rottnen feel just as bad feel like doing the hole box and am still  thinking about it. i hate being this downer person i used to be soooo different. 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I never used to be a downer person either.

When I was younger (I'm talking 13 and under) I used to pretend I was sprinkling what I used to call "smiley dust" on people and give them a hug when they were sad.

At 13, I helped a lot of people!

I would kill for that smiley dust now, and that isn't a euphemism; just a pure, child like exlemplification of love.

Keep going my lovely, I'm sending you all the smiley dust and hugs I have to offer.

I'm sorry you're going through a cr*p time.

Me too.

It sucks massively,

But you can fight on one more day.

If I am, you are.

Thinking of you xxx

• Posted

Sorry you are struggling.  I have lived my whole life with depression and dream of knowing what it is like to not have this constant unwelcome companion.

Too many times in the darkest nights, I took too many pain killers with the hope of never waking up again, but to my surprise and dismay, I did wake up. 

You mentioned that your depression has been ongoing for two years and now seems worse.  I think that is a definite sign of true organic depression and it would help you to see a doctor about it.  Have you ever tried antidepressants?  They help me considerably, however, finding just the right one for you can be a trying journey, but a worthwhile one in the end.

Hang in there and take action against this beast called depression.

• Posted

Oh remember I do feel for you my love.   Please get yourself to a doctor or a hospital because you might have done some internal damage.  And make an appointment to see your doctor/counsellor urgently and tell them what you have done and see if there is anything they can do.  

When you are feeling like this please try not to drink coz you know that makes your depression worse and you can end up doing silly things like this.   We are all here for you you know so come in here and talk to us instead.   We would all miss you so much if you succeeded.  You are not alone and you know we all understand.  Take care.  Bev xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.