Silver Lining

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi all, Wow what a day I have had, well they cancelled my operation again for the second time, as the surgeon would not do me as I am so young, well 54...and I was handed over to the most senior surgeon here in Blackpool, for an operation on 12the August, so I was going back to work, and, called them to arrange that, even though I had said to them that I am in so much pain that I just cannot do it, toughie old me, still went back on my words...My wife took the news quite badly as she is hating to see me in so much pain every day and suffering like I am, and she was a little sharp with the listings lady, as she took the phone from me.

Then just 45mins later the hospital on the phone again, yes Ian we will get you onto the surgeons list who did the first one, and that is this Friday, 30th July.

I will only believe it will be done when I wake up and it is done.

My right leg is in fine shape, and the muscle tone has returned to what it was ten years ago and my left leg is getting smaller and smaller by the day, at least I can now sleep on my right operated side, so by leaving it that week, the operation to come has really fallen into my lap, as I have a more convenient time to get to the hospital, now 11am instead of 7.15 am and I have the same surgeon doing the other side, so, I guess every cloud can have a silver lining, if we just give things a chance, and go with the flow.

Here are a few more of my favourite pics hope you like them, the park Pano is a stitch of 6 shots and shot early in the morning, it was just so lucky that there are no people in the shot as the park is always full of people, rare and so lucky to catch Stanley Park like that.

Thanks for looking in on my posting again, I will be here again later today I am sure and will be home after the second operation probably Monday or Tuesday next week.

Kindest regards to you all.  Ian.

6 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Beautiful photos!!!

Best of luck for tomorrow, and lets us know how it went.

Take care 

Ella 

• Posted

I'm sitting in mac as having a coffee using their free wifi and it's a lovely sunny morning here in Australia. AND TODAY IS YOUR DAY. I wish you well and that it all goes ahead.

It is difficult for our loved ones, my husband too found it hard to see me in so much pain. The future is looking good Ian....

🌈💌🌈💌

• Posted

Good luck with your op. You said Friday 30 . Did you mean Friday 31st. Anyway as someone said It takes a woman to get a job done. Lovely pictures .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.